New members and classifieds

Reaction score
I am a relatively new member and have run into a couple of problems on okshooters.

1. Some folks refuse to sell to you or buy from you if you have no feedback from other members. How do you get feedback if no one will do any business with you?

2. My adds have been taken down. Why?

3. The forums are mostly filled with childish arguing.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am a relatively new member and have run into a couple of problems on okshooters.

1. Some folks refuse to sell to you or buy from you if you have no feedback from other members. How do you get feedback if no one will do any business with you?

I’m not saying you are. BUT is it possible that you are asking “ungodly” “stupid” “ridiculous” high prices for the items you are attempting to sell? Some new folks seem to think this a forum to come to and make a profit on without trying to become an active participating member. Just a question mind you.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry, you’ve not had a positive experience BGC. Ease into the place and get involved in some topics and conversations. We can all benefit from a different perspective if you have one.
Which ads have been taken down? I looked at all of your content and the only one I saw was moved to the appropriate area.
Edit- I did see where a comment about a serial number that was showing should be hidden. The original poster deleted the comment. That can happen. A post is completely controllable by the originator.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, take it slow. Ongoing and continued regular participation in the forum will help build a reputation and people may become more comfortable dealing with you. There's no substitute for patience and experience.

As for your ads being 'taken down', I think they are only good for a while and then they are removed - if so, this is normal. Keeps from having tons of old ads hanging around. I don't know if that's the case for you, or not.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporter
Reaction score
Like others said, it takes some time to get started. To be honest the way I started was to throw a good deal out in the classifieds to get some initial feedback. That is just one way to do it, there are plenty of people that have a ton of posts on here and hardly any feedback because they don't buy/sell often and I would do business with them. Just show the group you are legit, aren't taking advantage of people... and you will be fine.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
We have had a flood of new members join since Armslist started charging. Sadly a number of those new members have joined only to use the classifieds and have either been trying to price gouge or have even burned several long term members on here.

So understand it's not necessarily you. I'm just letting you know why there is the hesitation to deal with new members right now. And why the lack of tolerance for crazy prices is the way it is.

Last edited:

druryj

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
A key to building a solid reputation as a new member is through active participation in the various threads. Just remember, it's okay to disagree, but attack the the topic, not the person posting. Give it some time. @Catt57 said it as good as anyone could have. OSA is so much more than just a place to buy and sell.

Top Bottom