New Mexico’s Democrat Governor Signs Bill to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l&utm_term=down-range&utm_campaign=20190314dr
New Mexico’s Democrat Governor Signs Bill to Criminalize Private Gun Sales
by AWR Hawkins 9 Mar 2019

"New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) signed legislation Friday to criminalize private gun sales in the state.

The Santa Fe New Mexican reported that there has been a great divide over the bill, with state-level Democrats pushing it while gun rights groups, the vast majority of New Mexico Sheriffs, and New Mexico county governments oppose it."...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder how this is going to work out with the Sheriffs in that state establishing 2A sanctuaries?

Not to mention that it is almost 100% impossible to enforce without huge amounts of man hours for low return. Albuquerque will probably be the only city to be able to fund it and people will just head outside of the city limits where they have no jurisdiction. Not to mention that they will never catch the real criminals who will just do business as usual.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was there shooting or something which prompted them to do that?

I don't know what to think about the sheriffs who said they won't be enforcing the law and say their counties are santuaries. I know it's not a perfect comparison, but it's basically the same thing as those sanctuary cities for illegal aliens.

Either way, if I lived there I wouldn't risk it unless it was with someone I trust deeply. Come to think of it... I wonder if a work around would be to go through an FFL dealer for a transfer. Still jacked up, but at least it's something.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was there shooting or something which prompted them to do that?
No, just a gun grabbing dimocrat.
Come to think of it... I wonder if a work around would be to go through an FFL dealer for a transfer.
That exactly what he wants you to do, so that they have the de facto gun registry called Form 4473.

Latest posts

Top Bottom