New Mexico Muslim Compound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read the link, and the links within. I hate the fact that I'm about to defend the FBI here, but what I saw in the links is bloggers' circle-jerk (quite seriously--the links are self-referential) about the issue after-the-fact. I still haven't seen anything that looks like probable cause to score a warrant any earlier.

Let's be clear: I could acquire some land, build a ranch, put up walls around such areas as I desire. I could build a range, could invite whom I desire to join me, and could deny entry to any other. (Damn, this is sounding like fun; anybody want to kick in? It's like a gated community, but with a better gate, and a private range!) Frankly, I'd do it in half-a-heartbeat with a few select people (anybody want to cough up a few bucks?). I (we) could make it a policy to not speak to government agents (read: law enforcement, et al.) without a warrant, and certainly to deny them entrance to our (or, if I'm sufficiently funded, my) property.

Does anybody want to trash the Fourth Amendment and suggest that such shouldn't be allowed?

Everything I've read suggests that law enforcement was watching, but respected private property, civil, and constitutional rights until probable cause was evident. I stand by my position that this is a good thing. Freedom isn't certified safe. I'd love to have that isolated place (given a good internet connection), and should be free to do so, without interference from others; some would use the privacy for nefarious ends, but that doesn't mean we should put an end to privacy.

So...show me the PC that the FBI ignored and we'll talk; otherwise, it looks like things went off just right.

A lot of folks are willing to throw away those Fourth Amendment protections if it involves one of those "Mooselimbs"...forgetting of course that any government empowered and enabled to do that can flip the script in a heartbeat.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would much rather have authorities visit a compound displaying a polite manner if there is sufficient cause rather than have a school shooting by radicals. If there is probable cause of child abuse or endangerment then DHS or another entity can pay a visit and if they see evidence of wrong doing they can report it to the proper authorities.
If someone has a gun range out in the country and has done nothing wrong, what have they to fear if a police car pulls up in their drive?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If someone has a gun range out in the country and has done nothing wrong, what have they to fear if a police car pulls up in their drive?

The average time served for the 1,625 individuals exonerated since 1990 is more than nine years. (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) Last year, three innocent murder defendants in Cleveland were exonerated 39 years after they were convicted — they spent their entire adult lives in prison.
It’s your life and land, allow whatever you want on it. Just know that prison is full of people “that didn’t do anything wrong.”

I know a guy in southern Oklahoma that intentionally brought wild hogs into his property. Next thing he knows he has more boar than he can handle and they’ve destroyed his property and livelihood. He has no one to blame but himself.
Moral of the story, Pigs will do what Pigs will do.

Personally, I’ll keep my property Porcine Free

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would much rather have authorities visit a compound displaying a polite manner if there is sufficient cause rather than have a school shooting by radicals. If there is probable cause of child abuse or endangerment then DHS or another entity can pay a visit and if they see evidence of wrong doing they can report it to the proper authorities.
They already can. They're absolutely allowed to knock on the door and ask whatever questions they want.

They're not allowed to force their way in uninvited and without a warrant. Do you want to change that?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy in southern Oklahoma that intentionally brought wild hogs into his property. Next thing he knows he has more boar than he can handle and they’ve destroyed his property and livelihood. He has no one to blame but himself.
Moral of the story, Pigs will do what Pigs will do.

Personally, I’ll keep my property Porcine Free
Lol, I see what ya did there... :drunk2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They already can. They're absolutely allowed to knock on the door and ask whatever questions they want.

They're not allowed to force their way in uninvited and without a warrant. Do you want to change that?
Alright, I yield, they can train a battalion of muslim terrorists and turn them loose in Oklahoma schools to apply themselves. I'd much rather make an error against "It's just a piece of paper-as Obama said" than to lose any child or life.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I yield, they can train a battalion of muslim terrorists and turn them loose in Oklahoma schools to apply themselves. I'd much rather make an error against "It's just a piece of paper-as Obama said" than to lose any child or life.

Reductio ad absurdum isn't helping your case. Just FYI...

Latest posts

Top Bottom