New OK landowner from AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the group Sir. I don’t know how bad the hogs are there in McIntosh county, but they run amuck everywhere else. And big ones too. Anyway. Welcome. We’ll treat you so many ways you will have to like at least one. Look for a pm coming. (private message)
Hogs are definitely there; the property had one pasture that had been dug up by them a few months ago. None of the game camera photos on the listing showed hogs, but that could be due to selective editing. I've only shot one hog in my life so far - a medium sized sow in Cotulla TX on a friend's ranch. At the time my only center-fire rifle was a .300 WinMag (originally bought for elk-hunting) - no tracking was needed and there was an interesting pattern of cranium contents all over the cacti in the background! For OK hogs I'm pondering adding a thermal scope (US made) and suppressor to my IWI Tavor in .300BLK after getting a NFA trust setup.

Angf117

Marksman
Reaction score
I live in Arizona but just bought enough of McIntosh county to hunt deer, turkey, and hogs if they show up. I'm seeking land management tips to make sure the deer always show up :-). I'm a retired Army veterinarian (Vet -squared) and look forward to hunting and fishing on our land with the family. Until I retire from my present job, I think I'll only be able to be in OK about 20 days a year over three or four trips, or coming to and from seeing family and other land in Kansas. Hopefully, that's enough to harvest a deer or few. This summer and early fall, I plan on placing some salt licks/blocks, maybe a huge feeder (low maintenance as possible), and figuring out stands/blinds. Later, I'm envisioning planting some food plots with a side-by-side and some small implements and looking at improving habitat (reclaiming from cattle grazing). God bless Oklahoma and Happy Friday!
Hi Hirschkopf I lived a long time in Arizona. I LOVE that State! Looking for 20-40 acres there nice to meet you👍👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom