New Oklahoma Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it seems that way at times, but the fact is, we have a 4 to 6 weeks per year that is too hot, and a 4to 6 that is too cold, but the other 40 weeks are not bad!
4-6 weeks? It is too hot way more than 4-6 weeks. Heck it is almost October and it’s gonna be back into the dang 90’s. I hate our heat. I wish it never got above 75 here. I don’t care how cold it gets though. We can always make ourselves warm but when it’s hot there ain’t nothing we can do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But I think 'mountain' has to be in quotes, lol.
They are notable though as the oldest mountains from the Appalachians to the Rocky's. Used to be a lot higher.

Some of the oldest mountains in the United States, the western Arbuckle Mountains has a core comprised of Precambrian granite and gneiss that is 1.3 billion years old. These Precambrian rocks are overlain by Cambrian rhyolite that is 525 million years old. During the Late Cambrian through the Pennsylvanian, 515 to 290 million years ago, respectively, seas encroached and then retreated, leaving deposits of limestone, dolomite, sandstone, and shale covering the mountains. Lengthy weathering and erosion periods have significantly reduced the Arbuckles from their original heights.

https://www.okhistory.org/publications/enc/entry.php?entry=AR004

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it seems that way at times, but the fact is, we have a 4 to 6 weeks per year that is too hot, and a 4to 6 that is too cold, but the other 40 weeks are not bad!
That's why my temp home has wheels and moves to those climates that are like those other 40 weeks. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom