NEW OSBI Online SDA application form

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting but since it requires a printer to complete I am guessing that it just fills in the fields so you can print it off with the information already filled out.

You can basically do the same thing with the PDF version and then print it.

If someone wants to go through the process and see then you can feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting but since it requires a printer to complete I am guessing that it just fills in the fields so you can print it off with the information already filled out.

You can basically do the same thing with the PDF version and then print it.

If someone wants to go through the process and see then you can feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

It prints off a summary page of your information. It basically replaces page 4 of the current app, and it will let you know what you need to bring to the Sheriff's office to finish your app.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It goes directly to OSBI who starts processing within 1 business day, rather than it sitting at Sheriff for up to 2+ weeks, then going to OSBI.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It goes directly to OSBI who starts processing within 1 business day, rather than it sitting at Sheriff for up to 2+ weeks, then going to OSBI.

You still have to submit to the Sheriff for prints and background check don't you? So this doesn't alleviate the sheriff's office delay that many folks experience.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You still have to submit to the Sheriff for prints and background check don't you? So this doesn't alleviate the sheriff's office delay that many folks experience.

To an extent it would, OSBI isn't waiting on the Sheriff, and OSBI can monitor the wait from day one. If its been a couple of weeks, they can check on it and hold Sherrif's more accountable to getting it done and out in a timely manner.

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I submitted my app online. It was not a new permit but an expired renewal so I still had to run over the the OK County sheriff to get prints redone. I did everything on January 17th. We'll see how long it takes to get my permit. One of the time savers with the online app is that you can upload a picture rather than having to go get a passport photo.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it expired beyond the 30 day grace period, or beyond 3 years? A lot of people misunderstand the expired thing. Sheriff and OSBI didn't know what to do with a buddy's app, thought they were doing an expired renewal, but it had been less than 3 years. Multiple officers, multiple agencies, no one caught what they were doing wrong.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To an extent it would, OSBI isn't waiting on the Sheriff, and OSBI can monitor the wait from day one. If its been a couple of weeks, they can check on it and hold Sherrif's more accountable to getting it done and out in a timely manner.

My understanding is that they still have to wait on the sheriff to complete his background check before they can proceed, at least that's the way the law reads. Did something change?

The only thing I see the online application doing is allowing OSBI to establish a file pending the results from your sheriff. If the sheriff drags his feet with prints and BC then I'm not really sure that will speed things up too much. Maybe though, we'll see!

Latest posts

Top Bottom