new Petition : make oklahoma exempt from fed magazine and AWB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i purpose with all the recent bans going into congress that we all come together immediately and make some kind of petition to vote a new law into office that exempts oklahoma from any future federal magazine bans and assault weapons bans. an overwhelming amount of us own modern sporting firearms like Ar-15s, saigas, SKSs ect. under new federal laws purposed they would be illegal. they can make them federally illegal but under the state of oklahoma they would still be legal if a law like this passed.

now how do we go about this is the question because i know a ton of people that would sign it. i am positive those people in california like Diane feinstein will NEVER stop trying to ban guns until there all illegal everywhere when there already mostly illegal there in california. so why should we let what laws some governor has and wants there effect us when there not from here.

Last edited:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think its important that all of us locally start really talking about this every chance we get to another firearm owner. every time you goto the gun range, every time you go buy ammo from big box stores, every time you goto the gunstore.

because no matter what happens on a national level how it has continuously year after year,

we wouldnt have to deal with the fear of loosing our valuable and collectable guns if someone somewhere else from a communist state like california, chicago or mass of 2 shits passed a federal nationwide law.

it would make oklahoma exempt from that bs.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YEAH! to put some kind of law on the next voting ballot or something so we can make a new state law.

id call it something along the lines of : oklahomans 2nd amendment preservation and protection act -

a state law to reserve the right to ignore federal law in the event that any future assault weapons ban or unconstitutional magazine compacity law is passed, the right for oklahoman government to preserve the rights of its citizens by not enforcing any potential future federal laws and furthermore under state law maintain a level of legality.

it would be a law that makes it illegal for anyone in the state to essentially enforce any unconstitutional federal laws that may get passed one day. and as the law sits now it would remain. so basically even if the entire nation banned or outlawed a ar-15 and any number of other modern firearms they would always be legal here.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can start a petition for anything you want, but state law can't override Federal law (unless it's a power reserved to the states). Most likely, the best you could do is forbid state/county/city law enforcement from enforcing Federal laws, but you have to be careful in how it's worded to avoid the law of unintended consequences.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we passed constituional carry thats a huge win.

i hope that success doesnt blind or slow us down from other important 2nd amendment things at risk right now.

i havent had alot of freetime to look into this and i havent forgotten.

this is what ive found so far.

i havent went about asking anyone yet but that doesnt mean we shouldnt still be talking about this as it may just be something possible to file and do yourself if it just needs enough people backing it.

https://okpolicy.org/initiative-petition/

https://www.sos.ok.gov/gov/petition_process.aspx

anyhow ill come back to this post sometime and talk around to whoever i can.

i hope some other people will chime in and speak anything helpful towards this matter.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can start a petition for anything you want, but state law can't override Federal law (unless it's a power reserved to the states). Most likely, the best you could do is forbid state/county/city law enforcement from enforcing Federal laws, but you have to be careful in how it's worded to avoid the law of unintended consequences.

Doesn’t our new marijuana law override the Federal law? Theoretically the same thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom