New Phone Scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know about y’all, but I get phone calls almost daily trying different scams.

“This is the IRS and there is a warrant for your arrest”
This is (insert name or cause) and we are asking for a donation.
Hang up calls with a number, but no ID. (Bait call to make YOU call back)
My computer is sending error messages to Microsoft and they want to guide me through a procedure to fix it.
Asking if I want to buy or renew an extended warranty for a car I haven’t owned in years.

Today I got a new one. It was a robo-call. The recording told me that this was a call from my cell phone provider (they named the correct one) and said that my service is now suspended (the same phone I received the call on) and if I wanted to re-connect service I had to press 1 to speak to a representative.

Like the others, I hung up and blocked the number.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate the deceitful donation request that starts with “Is Billybob there” when I tell them they have the wrong number, they start in with “well maybe you can help me. I am with the FOP” I guess it makes me mad because it wastes my time going through the whole wrong number bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't answer numbers I don't know.

I get some texts now, too, from a number in my phone's home area, that says, "Who is this?" Those are fishing attempts, as well.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is something that helps a ton if you have an android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.muzutozvednout&hl=en_US

Install it and most of the BS gets sent to voicemail. If you do like me, you turn off the voicemail and then send it to some other number so they can talk to a computer.

There is an option to also answer and hang up but you will hear it ring the first little bit and then it will go away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got the one the other day about our phone service being suspended.
We didn’t reply to the text but called our carrier that told us our service was just fine.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a newer phone and made sure it had a call block feature. Also don't answer calls I don't recognize. They never left voice mails anyway. I was getting 3 or 4 robocalls a day on my last phone...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I take these calls from the IRS real serious! I don't know about you guys but I am gonna send cash to cover the amount my credit cards didn't quite have the balance to handle to Kevin, with the IRS, so he doesn't have to turn me in and have me arrested! He told me he could cover me until the close of business today, because he thought I sounded like a honest guy, but after that, it was "so long freedom" and off to the slammer for me! Man, I thought I had done my Federal taxes right all these years; in fact, I was sure of it! Come to find out, Kevin, with the IRS gave me a courtesy call and told me I owed the Gummint $1,000's and $1,000's of dollars! That accountant guy I paid to do my taxes for me really screwed me up bad; if it wasn't for Kevin, with the IRS, I'd be sunk!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess this one won't work on me. I have Walmart Family Mobile, which is a no contract service. All my billing is through text and I pay online.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife tells them to take us off their list and then hangs up.

Me...I LOVE....LOVE....LOVE to f*ck with calls. I never say.."yes" to anything in case I'm recorded.

Here's how I respond to callers;

That's awesome!!! I just got out of the penitentiary and no matter how crazy they say I am or those 4 missing bodies....I could use credit. I need to buy a new chainsaw and a few sets of kitchen knives.

Send me the necessary information...as soon as possible....I'll be serving some time for at least 6-10 years and could use reading material.

Oh man...your a couple of days late. We just had his/her funeral.

Sure send information. The police are going through all the mail and phone calls trying to find(name).
By the way...what state are you located. Be on the look out for ....(describe the person).

Latest posts

Top Bottom