NEW! PICS ADDED! Greater OKC Area Eat and Shoot Sat Feb 3 NEW! PICS ADDED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
C’mon, make something up; like ...lie or something, you know?
Example: Honey, Saturday mid-morning till about 3:00 pm the local Red Cross is conducting an in depth class on prostate health. They will be offering free colonoscopy screening and tips for future changes in bowel behavior. Lunch is included and the cost is just $45.00. At this point of my life, I believe it important to not just me, but rather to US that I include myself in those who attend. Generally i would ask for your participation in this event, but this is a kinda men's only affair. Rest assured that after the training and screening, I will be better prepared for my next actual Colonoscopy, for both of us...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C’mon, make something up; like ...lie or something, you know? You know, like your grandma died or something. But if you just can’t make it, at least send glossy 8 X 10’s like Bull, in case we run out of ... of ... targets! Yeah that’s it; that’s what we’ll use ‘em for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that commitment is for the one thing that out ranks range time. I only get to see my kids on the weekends so everything else comes second to that.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah we get that man. Kids come first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why, as some of you have probably noticed, I'm not very active on here on the weekends. If I even get online at all.
My kids live 100 miles away and I drive out and stay every weekend.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay folks. I want to preface this question by saying that I have never been to one of these ENS bacchanals . Come to that, I have never fired a weapon in an indoor range.

So, in a purely hypothetical way:

Suppose a guy that looked alot like me, my build and age, but much more handsome, wanted to go to this thing ? Whats SOP ?

I'm - I mean, the hypothetical guy that may or may not be me - not concerned about the eating part, mostly for 2 reasons.
One, a guy with my build can afford to skip a meal or two, and
Two, when I go to these multi-person meals, I usually just quietly wander around the table, and when someone is otherwise occupied, I quickly snatch a few fries from their plate. If the timing is right, I can tear a piece off of their Steak Sammich Supreme (for example).
If I get caught in the act, I pass it off - "Hey, just waving the flies from your plate, my friend". When quizzed about the chunk of whatever in my hand, I'll say something like " Well, there was a decidedly unfriendly iguana trying to abscond with your sammich. Fortunately, I was able to wrest this morsel from it just as it disappeared under your chair, then it quickly skittered into the kitchen."
Then I grin, and my new friend buys me a grape soda to show his gratitude.

The questions I have is about the range.
Do we all pay a lane fee, and get 42 lanes ?
Do we share lanes ( and if so, who gets the target end, and who gets the "shoot from" end ?) ?
Does each person bring his own ammo ?
what about targets ? supplied by the range, purchased there, bring my own empty beer bottles ?
Empty the beer bottles out in the parking lot, and stagger into the range ?

do we trade guns ?
would there be a chance to shoot others firearms, if I put on my nice-guy mask and ask nicely ?
should I expect people to want to shoot my incredibly mundane firearms ?
If I growl at them, will they go away ?
will there be women there ? with guns ? (so hot.... chicks with firearms...)
If I growl at the wimmins, will they shoot at me ?

So many questions.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay folks. I want to preface this question by saying that I have never been to one of these ENS bacchanals . Come to that, I have never fired a weapon in an indoor range.

Suppose a guy that looked alot like me, my build and age, but much more handsome, wanted to go to this thing ? Whats SOP ?

I'm - I mean, the hypothetical guy that may or may not be me - not concerned about the eating part, mostly for 2 reasons.
Two, when I go to these multi-person meals, I usually just quietly wander around the table, and when someone is otherwise occupied, I quickly snatch a few fries from their plate. If the timing is right, I can tear a piece off of their Steak Sammich Supreme (for example).
If I get caught in the act, I pass it off - "Hey, just waving the flies from your plate, my friend". When quizzed about the chunk of whatever in my hand, I'll say something like " Well, there was a decidedly unfriendly iguana trying to abscond with your sammich. Fortunately, I was able to wrest this morsel from it just as it disappeared under your chair, then it quickly skittered into the kitchen."

Do we share lanes ( and if so, who gets the target end, and who gets the "shoot from" end ?) ?
what about targets ? supplied by the range, purchased there, bring my own empty beer bottles ?i

do we trade guns ?
would there be a chance to shoot others firearms, if I put on my nice-guy mask and ask nicely ?

So many questions.

You just need to show up. You will fit in just fine. Bring your mundane guns and ammo. The worst we can do, other than shoot you and swear you just ran off and died, is make fun of you. We usually just wing it when we show up at the range and do... whatever. At the range, some actually follow the safety rules; :fullauto:others just sling lead will-nilly. :gun2::gun1:Maybe bring Band-Aids, pain killers and other first aid gear for interactions involving the theft of certain members steak sammiches:chop: and of course, the wimmins. :naughty: Hope to see you there. :thumb:

EDIT: ( I dunno if Del Rancho has grape soda or not...I'll try my hardest to find out. Not every place is really classy ya know).

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

what about targets ? supplied by the range, purchased there, bring my own empty beer bottles ?

do we trade guns ?

So many questions.

You can sit by me. :comfort: Believe me when I say your life will NEVER be the same. :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom