New pistols to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know how i missed this thread before. Scottb might be onto something but I'll throw this in,my boss gave me an old 38 that he
got from his dad. It wouldn't open or rotate the cylinder. It had been heavily oiled and put away. The oil had dried and froze it up. I soaked it a few days and it worked like a champ.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how i missed this thread before. Scottb might be onto something but I'll throw this in,my boss gave me an old 38 that he
got from his dad. It wouldn't open or rotate the cylinder. It had been heavily oiled and put away. The oil had dried and froze it up. I soaked it a few days and it worked like a champ.

Soaked it? Like, you sprayed it down with oil and let it sit, or you actually immersed it in something?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Soaked it? Like, you sprayed it down with oil and let it sit, or you actually immersed it in something?
I put in a tray just big enough to hold the gun. Filled with enough Hoppes to cover it about half way and turned it over a few times. Dont’t do this with a nickel gun though!

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I hold the cylinder release back I can pull the hammer back a touch, then rotate the cylinder, let the hammer back down, and the release pops back forward...

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to see a picture. I love the back story that they belonged to your grandpa.
Forgot to reinstall Tapatalk when I reset my phone, and forgot about this thread!
48090a575110d0264c08d7b3e0784819.jpg

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom