New platform or magazine commonality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...I want a new .22 pistol. There are two up for consideration that match what I want.

Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mk series, both available with a 10" barrel.

I have two Buckmarks (one pistol, one carbine) and a few mags for each.

Stick with the Buckmark to keep magazine commonality or branch out and try a new platform?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok...I want a new .22 pistol. There are two up for consideration that match what I want.

Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mk series, both available with a 10" barrel.

I have two Buckmarks (one pistol, one carbine) and a few mags for each.

Stick with the Buckmark to keep magazine commonality or branch out and try a new platform?

Hmmmm . . . on the bright side . . . it's all the same ammo. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger any model. I see too many malfunctions of the Brownings at Steel Challenge matches.
Yeah, the Ruger is not the easiest to take down for a cleaning but the reliability more than makes up for it. You can buy kits for a few bucks that make the Ruger easy to take down with a simple allen wrench. The latest model is simple to take down without buying anything.
As a certified Range Safety Officer, my job during matches is to make sure the shooter is 100% safe, so I rarely take my eyes off the gun and the shooters hands to watch for that errant finger on the trigger when moving.
Put some freeking oil on your guns people! I see malfunction after malfunction because the gun is devoid of any lube. Mostly newbs, and when I offer some lube for their gun, they comment that their gun runs better dry vs oiled. SMFH and walk away. You wouldn't run your engine without oil, but it's ok to run your gun without it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom