New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been wanting a 4x4 for awhile to mess with. Finally found a Toyota I like. 2001 4Runner SR5 4x4.

Not wanting to do anything super crazy, Probably just level it, put some 32's on it, and random other stuff.
1.jpg

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks really clean

Its not to bad. There is some paint issues, but its nothing big. Front bumper is dinged but oh well itll get changed eventually. 238k on the clock and its just had the timing belt, water pump and radiator done. So at least thats done.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been wanting a 4x4 for awhile to mess with. Finally found a Toyota I like. 2001 4Runner SR5 4x4.

Not wanting to do anything super crazy, Probably just level it, put some 32's on it, and random other stuff.
View attachment 294159
Damn son I have been looking for one for 6 months , they are hard to find.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I love 3rd gen 4Runners, I’ve had 2 in the past, both with the factory E-locker. They’re great in the trails/hills. That 3.4 v6 is a slow dog but it’ll run forever. I own 2 1st gen Tacomas currently.

Do your lower ball joints ASAP! Oem only! I order them from royalsouth Toyota on eBay.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I love 3rd gen 4Runners, I’ve had 2 in the past, both with the factory E-locker. They’re great in the trails/hills. That 3.4 v6 is a slow dog but it’ll run forever. I own 2 1st gen Tacomas currently.

Do your lower ball joints ASAP! Oem only! I order them from royalsouth Toyota on eBay.

Nice, I'm not too worried about going fast, lol.

Mine has the e-locker also, pretty cool. And yeah I plan on redoing the whole front end once it cools down. Figure it's never been done.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, I'm not too worried about going fast, lol.

Mine has the e-locker also, pretty cool. And yeah I plan on redoing the whole front end once it cools down. Figure it's never been done.
Good deal. The locker is huge plus! On my front end work it’s always OEM Toyota lower ball joints (read on the forums, it’s a big deal) but for other stuff like inner/outer tie rods, steering rack bushings, sway bar links, etc I’ll go with cheaper Napa or moog etc.

I had a buddy a few years ago put aftermarket LBJs on one, didn’t believe me about the OEM only thing. Within 15k miles it busted at 45mph and totaled his rig. The LBJs are a poor design and cheap aftermarket ones are death traps

Latest posts

Top Bottom