New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal. The locker is huge plus! On my front end work it’s always OEM Toyota lower ball joints (read on the forums, it’s a big deal) but for other stuff like inner/outer tie rods, steering rack bushings, sway bar links, etc I’ll go with cheaper Napa or moog etc.

I had a buddy a few years ago put aftermarket LBJs on one, didn’t believe me about the OEM only thing. Within 15k miles it busted at 45mph and totaled his rig. The LBJs are a poor design and cheap aftermarket ones are death traps

Dang. I always thought Moog was good stuff. I'll look into OEM for sure.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I can tell, in the 3rd Gens, if you have 4x4 its 4.10s. And if you have the E-Locker it has a 4.30s
Actually man, it’s possible you have that confused. From what I understand the true E-locker 3rd gens ended in 2000. The 2001-2002 have a “center diff lock” which is not the same.

Does yours have an orange letter button on dash to left of steering wheel that says “RR diff lock”?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually man, it’s possible you have that confused. From what I understand the true E-locker 3rd gens ended in 2000. The 2001-2002 have a “center diff lock” which is not the same.

Does yours have an orange letter button on dash to left of steering wheel that says “RR diff lock”?
E locker and center diff locker are different things entirely.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
E locker and center diff locker are different things entirely.
That’s precisely what I’m saying. And from what I understand the actual E locker with the different rear end, ended in the year 2000. The 2001-2002 years had “center diff lock” and I don’t think they had the same rear end with that gearing which is associated with the “e-locker” models

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s precisely what I’m saying. And from what I understand the actual E locker with the different rear end, ended in the year 2000. The 2001-2002 years had “center diff lock” and I don’t think they had the same rear end with that gearing which is associated with the “e-locker” models
I see. I didn’t realize they stopped making the E locker version. I had a 94 land cruiser but it only had the center diff lock, no e locker unfortunately. I always wanted to find a factory e locker rear axle but that’s not easy anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom