New question at an Integris doctor's appointment ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we moved to OKC in 2013, a Primary care doc with INTEGRIS was recommended to me. I have been very pleased with him, and his staff ever since.

Although Grumpy and I use different primary care doctors, we are both VERY satisfied with our respective doctors. Interestingly enough, we saw his primary care doc today and she didn't say anything about recording visits. 🤷 Whatever is going on I am just not comfortable with anyone recording me. I've been that way FOREVER ... Remember?? NO PICS ... 😝

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that they even asked.

Oklahoma is not a "require to inform" state.
There is not a need to inform anyone that you are recording them, in public or on the phone.
And I'm not sure if the "no recording" signs would come into play either as they would have to be posted in every place that recording could be possible.
Honestly, I routinely record my medical visits so that I can remember what was said.
Not really sure I would routinely record my visits with my patients as it would be a pain in the ass to transcribe or attach each recording to their files. And the storage would be a problem.
That being said, there have been some that I have recorded for my own protection.

Seems HIPAA comes into play so I figure that's why they would ask. Rather, if you didn't ask, figuring everything out in court would be VERY expensive with HIPAA and all it's considerations. Of course if they alter it as in @THAT Gurl 's case lol..... that could be fun in court too.

It seems if a doctor recorded their interaction then the patient would have rights to the video under HIPAA?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems HIPAA comes into play so I figure that's why they would ask. Rather, if you didn't ask, figuring everything out in court would be VERY expensive with HIPAA and all it's considerations. Of course if they alter it as in @THAT Gurl 's case lol..... that could be fun in court too.

It seems if a doctor recorded their interaction then the patient would have rights to the video under HIPAA?

It certainly produces some interesting legal considerations. Almost makes me want to go back to work for a bunch of lawyers so we can "war room" it. 🤔🤔

Almost ... Lol 😂

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And y'all thought I was kidding about exam room cameras.

1653602427035.png

1653602453045.png

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I followed my Dr to Integris when she moved from another group and for years the same group of ladies worked there. The same staff, Dr's and nurses. Everyone knew me because of spine issues and a couple of injuries at work ect. Then about 3 years ago, now everytime I go to the Dr its all new staff, nurses ect. Now there is Man Bun nurses that may or may not be good. But its seems like a Clock Work Orange now when I go in for different things (I had Surgery in April) Got Covid 3 times but never got very sick. Its definitely different going to get medical care or advise in this new "woke" internet driven world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom