New reloading table

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the ghetto reloading table worked for me while I was deciding what I wanted in my mind then making it come to fruition. It helped that I got to see some cool benches that @Cowcatcher and @Lonewatie have. The ghetto table has now been retired and replaced with my new reloading/gun bench. First off thanks to my amigo cowcatcher for hooking me up with some Triple C mounts (Custom Cow Catcher). The bench is made with 2x4s with extra bracing to the front top 2x6 cross member to be able to take the torque from the re-loaders. The rear braces use Simpson Strong-Tie connectors I wasn't able to use them on the front as I used a 2x6 to install the 3C mounts and I wanted the bottom shelf to be set in so that I could pull a chair up and work under the bench for gun smithing and cleaning duties. The top is 30inches and the bottom shelf it 18. All corners have Strong-tie bracing of some type. All screws are Kreg round top screws with flat flanges except for the wood screws holding the oak plywood top on. Those are 3in wood screws that are recessed into the top along with 2.5 kreg screws holding all top bracing and any end points are also screwed together with 2.5in Kregs above or below the bracing. I went with a dark gray stain to hide the grease and oil marks. The 3C mounts were all painted in a dark grey (gun metal) hammered paint.

With the 3C mounts I can move my Dillon to the 3C storage mount on the left side and then put the 3C mouth with a Lee quick change mount below the table. I can also move the Lee off and install my swager or trimmer onto that 3C mount. Once I spend some time using it, I plan to make some shelves with cubby holes on the back 6" on the top. Again thanks to @Cowcatcher for his help. Overall I am very pleased with it time to make some more ammo.

bench.jpg

reloading.jpg

cleaning.jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good attempt blake711 but I see a few issues with it that need fixed before you really get going.
Instead of telling you all the wrong with it I will save you the headaches and just come take it off your hands and you can build another that will work for you.
I will suffer through using it so you know your first attempt at a build was not wasted :)

Joking aside ..Very nice bench you made, it makes me want to step up my game.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish my loading bench could stay that nice and tidy!!
It just got stacked and neat for the photos. ;) Like when your kids get their photo taken. Normally I am always saying, where are my calipers? Where are my ...

Cowcatcher has seen my measuring tape collection. I don't know how many I actually have but when I am building something I can never find one close enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom