New Remington Tac13 Semi Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you put a brace on it like the tac-14? Still don't really see the purpose in a semi, but hey, I'm not about to tell a guy what gun he should/shouldn't buy...

I guess that’s why they have so many options, for different folks. But, man, those box mags on that gun looks gangly and unwieldy.
I’ve been wanting a Tac14 pretty bad, even making offers here but yet still don’t own one. I’ve got several “Riot” and HD 12 gauges, yet I want the “shorty” non-shotgun.
I bet the Tac13 mitigates the recoil better with the semi-auto system vs pump. I’d buy one, but that’s no more than a $500 weapon to me. And yes, my firearm wants a brace with grip. :fullauto:

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fanboy of the current fad of a stockless shotgun. The video and sales pitch including.
"Using the V3’s VersaPort gas system, the Tac-13 is billed as coupling both reliable feeding and low recoil using everything from light field loads to full-power buck and slugs."
Horse crap. Put a 1 5/8 oz turkey load or a full power slug in the gun and your holding a monster that you can't control. I know how that system works, and its light weight no matter what system they use other than a massive muzzle brake won't make recoil comfortable.
Something for the tactical timmy's to buy to look bad-ass.

In the low brush and scrub willows this would make an awesome bear defense weapon. I do agree though shooting full power slugs is rough. Not wanting to lose my man card I fired 20 rounds of slugs out of the pistol grip Mossburg. Ended up with a dislocated thumb. My buddy said its cause I had a weak grip....

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a pistol grip on a 12 gauge is rough because of the grip putting a lot of pressure on the palm specifically the thumb area. The birds head grip on the Tac 14 doesn't have that issue. I ordered one of the gun cases from Palmetto State for my AR. One of the nice features is it has a smaller zip case area on the outside that the Tac 14 fits in perfectly. SHTF I have a case that I can carry 1 or 2 AR's, 8 magazines, the Tac 14 and two handguns with no problem. Heavy...yes, but manageable. The shorter length of the Tac 14 with 12 gauge capability is pretty good for shooting and carrying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom