New rifle hits the market - Larue Siete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
...and it still shoots great

IMG_7023.JPG

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
For a few 100 fps? There is a whole lot of discussion on SH about what twist to use.
The .224, .243 WSSM whups them all.
@Jcann pretty much nailed it. Both cartridges take advantage of modern bullet tech.

Honestly as much as I appreciate the advances that have been made in cartridges, bullets and firearms I’m a dinosaur myself. I’m just not into these newfangled cartridges. I like history and tradition and I gravitate towards cartridges and platforms that either are vintage and old tech or resemble those things.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Jcann pretty much nailed it. Both cartridges take advantage of modern bullet tech.

Honestly as much as I appreciate the advances that have been made in cartridges, bullets and firearms I’m a dinosaur myself. I’m just not into these newfangled cartridges. I like history and tradition and I gravitate towards cartridges and platforms that either are vintage and old tech or resemble those things.
I love the advantages heavy for caliber cartridges give the shooter. Being able to shoot a 95 grain bullet out of a 22 Creedmoor at 3,200 fps just opens up so many more doors. I assume one could also shoot a 52 grain bullet in a 1:7 barrel at 3700 fps without twisting it apart as it exits the barrel.

@dennishoddy has a very good chambering in his 243 WSSM but Winchester and Browning decided to stop supporting it. As long as there is brass for this round and a properly set up barrel, there’s no reason to move toward the newer chamberings.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom