New Ruger 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have wanted the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull for years, no practical purpose for it, but it looks COOL!!
View attachment 117727
Only issue with that gun is the barrel length. One would have to work really hard to find a quick burning powder that wouldn't exceed pressure limits.
I looked at that gun really hard before scheduling a trip to Alaska. Unfortunately Mom took a turn for the worse in her cancer bout and we had to cancel.
I have the 7 1/2" Super Redhawk and wanted to change the barrel length to 5" or so by buying a new barrel and putting it on the frame. Found it can be problematic on occasion. Stainless on stainless is basically a NO-NO, as it tends to gald and make the gun into a paper weight. I may still try it but with a puckered butt.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an equal opportunity caliber lover. Been contemplating the 10mm for years now. But in a higher capacity offering like a Colt Delta Elite, Glock 40 or maybe even the new Kimber Jagare. I see 10mm revolvers for old guys who can’t bend over at the waist to pick up the golden colored nuggets of reloading detritus.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Lol that’s funny, I want to the exact opposite. A gp100 or sp101 with closer to a woode plow style grip. I love my sp101 but freaking hate the grip

It doesn’t look as nice, I’ll give you that. However, I’ve never shot a revolver that tames recoil like the wraparound post type grip the SP/GP/Super Redhawk does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom