New Ruger Blackhawk 10mm/.40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just seen a new stainless Ruger blackhawk in 10mm with an extra cylinder in .40 S&W today. Didn't even know they were making them.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew they made them at one time. FWIW, I still have my old S&W Model 610 10mm N-frame.

That reminds me; I need to look into getting some more moonclips for that, and a BMT Equipped loader for them.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew they made them at one time. FWIW, I still have my old S&W Model 610 10mm N-frame.

That reminds me; I need to look into getting some more moonclips for that, and a BMT Equipped loader for them.

I've kept my 610 as well........... Those have really gone up in value as well.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Blackhawk 10mm's they made in the early 90's or late 80's were special runs made for Buckeye Sports and they had an extra cylinder in .38-40 Winchester. I seen one at the last Tulsa show and they wanted $1500 for it!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've kept my 610 as well........... Those have really gone up in value as well.
I've been shooting my 610 lately. I got the BMT moon clip loader and about 30 more ranch products moon clips and I have put about 180 or so rounds through it in about a month's time. It had been at least ten years since I had shot that 610 and while the recoil was fairly robust, the gun is very controllable especially since the Hogue Monogrips went on it. Also, I have removed the sharp edge from the trigger using a diamond file.

I am looking to try various 10mm loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom