New Ruger mag project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it doesn't work for ya, I found that link for the RA bottom metal. THey will ream the stock for you for free if you want as well

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com/ruger-american-short-action-boyds-stock-dbm/
Thanks. If this is a flop, I'll give it a shot. Hell even if it's a huge flop, it's fun trying. Figured out the mag catch and how I intend to make it. Only issue I'm looking out is making the opening to the mag well (from the rear).
Have thought of two options that I will be testing on scrap before I do it to the main.
I could easily take it to someone that will mill it out, but that takes all the fun out of it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on Mag project.

Going to have to start over unless I mill the stock. 1/8" alum was just barely too big. Might try with thinner alum but looking at the one suggested by be and rc

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have some thinner flat bar that would work by reheating the end piece(s) and replace with thinner bar and would work. I kind of like my idea because it has that blind thing going. A very nice polished aluminum magwell would look cool and it would require no milling of the stock (in my plan).

Latest posts

Top Bottom