New Rules at Big Boys Guns and Range as of 01/30/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering a bunch of us plan to meet at Big Boys Range on Sunday Feb 5th at 10:00 for the Eat-n-Shoot, I felt I needed to make everyone aware of a new rule there. I went down to plink a little bit today and here's the scoop: Apparently, they recently had a guy pull a gun out of a bag that was stored along the back wall; well, apparently he wasn't being very safe and it "went off" (negligent discharge). I guess someone got injured too. I didn't get all the details as it was kinda loud in there and so I just read, asked a few questions to clarify, and observed the rules as required. AS A RESULT, NO FIREARMS, BAGS, OR GEAR MAY BE STORED ALONG THE BACK WALL AS OF NOW. All your guns, ammo, and stuff has to be in the lane with you. This may be a bit of a hassle for us at the event, as we won't be able to bring a ton of guns in at once now...but we can adapt; it's a great range; and we want everyone to stay safe after all. Maybe we will have to make a few trips back and forth to our vehicles for guns or gear or whatever, but let's just follow the range rules and meet up and have a good time, safely. I sure am looking forward to meeting everyone who I think is gonna be able to come! We will have us a one fine time indeed.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy was dry firing a loaded SA pointed at the floor and yes, someone was injured by flying chunks of concrete they said. What kind of idiot would store his gun 10' behind him in a public range and then turn your back on the valuables?
Someone lost a couple of rifles at Canadian range when they left them on the bench and went inside to use the crapper.
Can't fix stupid.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even with the new rules I will shoot at Big Boys. It's a nice range and good people.

I am sure that it probably was Matt Damon. He is a -----, well you know.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, I've seen people putting mags in their guns behind the line there, and other places too. Just want everyone to stay safe. We're going to go have fun, not to the hospital(or worse).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy was dry firing a loaded SA pointed at the floor and yes, someone was injured by flying chunks of concrete they said. What kind of idiot would store his gun 10' behind him in a public range and then turn your back on the valuables?
Someone lost a couple of rifles at Canadian range when they left them on the bench and went inside to use the crapper.
Can't fix stupid.
No one "dry fires" a loaded gun. But the idiot shouldn't have been pulling the trigger on a gun loaded or unloaded behind the firing line. As to theft, storing guns along the back wall has never been a concern at Big Boy's during an E-N-S. We are there with friends. Many eyes watching stuff.

It will be a problem next Sunday for those of us bringing a few guns. As Joel indicated, we may have to make frequent trips out to the car and back. I'll just bring fewer guns than I'd planned. Not ideal, but no public range is ideal.

On reflection, it is a good idea to require all guns to be kept in the lanes. No guns loaded or unloaded behind the firing line seems a reasonable precaution to me.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one "dry fires" a loaded gun. But the idiot shouldn't have been pulling the trigger on a gun loaded or unloaded behind the firing line. As to theft, storing guns along the back wall has never been a concern at Big Boy's during an E-N-S. We are there with friends. Many eyes watching stuff.

It will be a problem next Sunday for those of us bringing a few guns. As Joel indicated, we may have to make frequent trips out to the car and back. I'll just bring fewer guns than I'd planned. Not ideal, but no public range is ideal.

On reflection, it is a good idea to require all guns to be kept in the lanes. No guns loaded or unloaded behind the firing line seems a reasonable precaution to me.

Yeah, it may be a little bit of a hassle, but upon reflection, as you say, it's a lot less hassle than getting shot by some doofus who is "dry firing" an UNLOADED gun. I'm just gonna abide by the range regs and have a good time.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was quoting the dumb ass who said and did it.
Lighten up francis, you got too much starch in your shorts. I don't care if you agree with me or not but if you leave $1000 gun on the back wall while shooting, your asking to have your stuff stolen.

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No ****. I was quoting the dumb ass who said and did it.
Lighten up francis, you got too much starch in your shorts. I don't give 2 shits if you agree with me or not but if you leave $1000 gun on the back wall while shooting, your an idiot and deserve whats coming, group or no group.
huh? people deserve to have their guns stolen?

Latest posts

Top Bottom