New Scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a robocall earlier saying that the Windows Support Program I had enrolled in was being discontinued and I am supposed to call a number to claim my refund.

I have never had a Windows Support Plan and don’t even know if one exists.

New tactics.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep getting calls from people talking in Chinese? Korean? Asian? But heck if I know if it's a scam or not..

I think it’s a safe bet that if they can barely speak English, it’s a scam. I answered a call one day and the guy had what sounded like an Indian accent. He was telling me he was from Windows tech support. I did a quick google and it said Windows was in CA and the guy was calling from a number with a NJ area code. I asked him questions about why and after a few lame excuses he hung up.

Last edited:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Microsoft isn't going to be calling you. You can barely get them on the phone when you are paying them. I'm always like, just say it, just say it, you won't be able to get "mic-ro" out before I hang up. If they say they are from Microsoft they are guaranteed scammer.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sick to death of robo-calls! Two-thirds of the calls at home, and one-half of the calls at work are robo-calls. Auto warranties about to expire (even on my 1928 Hispano-Suiza?) , "Google" listings not up to date, "working capital available", and on and on. If those idiots in Congress weren't so consumed with partisan political concerns, maybe they could work on fixing the robo-call mess.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sick to death of robo-calls! Two-thirds of the calls at home, and one-half of the calls at work are robo-calls. Auto warranties about to expire (even on my 1928 Hispano-Suiza) , "Google" listings not up to date, "working capital available", and on and on. If those idiots in Congress weren't so consumed with partisan political concerns, maybe they could work on fixing the robo-call mess.

But...but.. how can they possibly devote time to something of concern to you, the American taxpayer, when we have so many illegals who need free health care and Trump is a bully, I mean how could they possibly even? All you Republicans think about is yourselves, don't you know illegals lives matter? Don't you know that of the 53 genders now recognized by Facebook, that every one of them needs their own bathroom? And you think our leaders should devote time to fixing your petty little problems? Seriously? Right?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Join the National Do Not Call List
Register your home and mobile phone numbers with the National Do Not Call Registry. This won’t stop all unsolicited calls, but it will stop most.

If your number is on the registry and you still get calls, they’re probably from scammers ignoring the law. Hang up, and report them at www.donotcall.gov.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the scammers are not even sitting in the US so even the feds can do little about it. They probably use the do not call registry as their phone book and the feds can't do squat about them. But it's a simple way to figure it out, if the voice is running a robotic script they are scammers. If they call connect the call and waste their time if you want. Keep telling them you can't find it... Ask if it's the little key with the apple or the orange on it... When they get mad and sound like they are from India tell them they like to wank it with their left hand... You can do all this without even sitting in front of the computer too, make them spoon feed every last little bit of information till they get frustrated and give up. Shoot when they ask you to do stuff on the keyboard ask them if the computer should still be on cause it shut off ten minutes ago, the power went out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom