1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Scam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fyrtwuck, May 16, 2019.

1. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I got a robocall earlier saying that the Windows Support Program I had enrolled in was being discontinued and I am supposed to call a number to claim my refund.

I have never had a Windows Support Plan and don’t even know if one exists.

New tactics.

2. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

It's possible one exists (I guess), but even if it does, if you're not enrolled in it they ain't giving you a refund. :pms2:

3. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I keep getting calls from people talking in Chinese? Korean? Asian? But heck if I know if it's a scam or not..

chuter and dennishoddy like this.
  4. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think it’s a safe bet that if they can barely speak English, it’s a scam. I answered a call one day and the guy had what sounded like an Indian accent. He was telling me he was from Windows tech support. I did a quick google and it said Windows was in CA and the guy was calling from a number with a NJ area code. I asked him questions about why and after a few lame excuses he hung up.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    dennishoddy and dancer4life like this.
  5. alank2

alank2 Sharpshooter

Microsoft isn't going to be calling you. You can barely get them on the phone when you are paying them. I'm always like, just say it, just say it, you won't be able to get "mic-ro" out before I hang up. If they say they are from Microsoft they are guaranteed scammer.

6. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you call them back its a $50 a minute call to Sierra Leone

7. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sick to death of robo-calls! Two-thirds of the calls at home, and one-half of the calls at work are robo-calls. Auto warranties about to expire (even on my 1928 Hispano-Suiza?) , "Google" listings not up to date, "working capital available", and on and on. If those idiots in Congress weren't so consumed with partisan political concerns, maybe they could work on fixing the robo-call mess.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Cowcatcher, GlockPride and okierider like this.
  8. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    But...but.. how can they possibly devote time to something of concern to you, the American taxpayer, when we have so many illegals who need free health care and Trump is a bully, I mean how could they possibly even? All you Republicans think about is yourselves, don't you know illegals lives matter? Don't you know that of the 53 genders now recognized by Facebook, that every one of them needs their own bathroom? And you think our leaders should devote time to fixing your petty little problems? Seriously? Right?

9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Join the National Do Not Call List
    Register your home and mobile phone numbers with the National Do Not Call Registry. This won’t stop all unsolicited calls, but it will stop most.

If your number is on the registry and you still get calls, they’re probably from scammers ignoring the law. Hang up, and report them at www.donotcall.gov.

TwoForFlinching and Cowcatcher like this.
  10. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Most of the scammers are not even sitting in the US so even the feds can do little about it. They probably use the do not call registry as their phone book and the feds can't do squat about them. But it's a simple way to figure it out, if the voice is running a robotic script they are scammers. If they call connect the call and waste their time if you want. Keep telling them you can't find it... Ask if it's the little key with the apple or the orange on it... When they get mad and sound like they are from India tell them they like to wank it with their left hand... You can do all this without even sitting in front of the computer too, make them spoon feed every last little bit of information till they get frustrated and give up. Shoot when they ask you to do stuff on the keyboard ask them if the computer should still be on cause it shut off ten minutes ago, the power went out.

Cowcatcher and Ethan N like this.