New Scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received three today from somebody claiming to be from the Social Security Administration, saying that I owe money and if I don't pay up, they're gonna come get me and throw me in the clink.

Beware of the number... (972) 591-8638.

Like I said, they called my cell THREE TIMES today.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a voicemail from somebody saying a "complaint" was being made against me and to call some 401 area code number back. The lady sounded Indian or Pakistani. Needless to say I didn't call back.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a voicemail from somebody saying a "complaint" was being made against me and to call some 401 area code number back. The lady sounded Indian or Pakistani. Needless to say I didn't call back.

Well you’re gonna be in big trouble there Buster. Better just break out the old credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I either waste a few minutes of their time, or, for robocalls, just put my phone on mute and set it down. If everyone did the same I have a feeling these “business strategies” would become prohibitively expensive, but I know that won’t happen. At least wasting a little of their money makes me feel better.

Not a scam, but a couple years back someone named Jessica used my phone number when shopping for health insurance. For weeks I got dozens of calls a day trying to sell Jessica health insurance. I got over 70 calls in one day during the first week. It eventually calmed down, but I still get calls every now and then. When it’s not a robocall I break it to the agent that they bought a list that’s over two years old. They usually thank me, but sound clearly disappointed.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received three today from somebody claiming to be from the Social Security Administration, saying that I owe money and if I don't pay up, they're gonna come get me and throw me in the clink.

Beware of the number... (972) 591-8638.

Like I said, they called my cell THREE TIMES today.

The calls with the threats to throw you in jail are the fun ones. I string them along like I’m all worried about it and when their tempers start rising and say the cops will be here any minute, I tell them to bring it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I don't know who it is,I let it go to voicemail. 99% of the time they don't leave message. If it's legit they will leave a message. Then I block # if it is junk/spam.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other day I got repeated calls from some woman in Muskogee that wanted her grass mowed, or her bush trimmed, or something like that.
I was deeply offended, and call-forwarded my phone to a co-worker... :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom