New Scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one the other day and it came up as being a junk call. Supposedly my Apple account has had something happen and is being suspended.... Anyone who knows me probably knows I don't have an apple account let alone any apple devices.

My google voice numbers get some interesting calls though, I am being sued by the SSA, IRS, among others in the alphabet soup and every once in a while get a call that is completely Chinese. I honestly should take it to someone I know and find out what they are actually saying but I am sure it is a scam of some sort as well.

I am almost to the point where I plain don't care about who is calling. Honestly I would shut the phone off completely if it wasn't for a couple things.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am almost to the point where I plain don't care about who is calling.
I've been there for a long time. I don't answer if I don't know who it is, or if I'm not expecting a call. I have voicemail, if it's important they'll leave a message. My wife on the other hand, will stop the earth from turning to answer that stupid a$$ phone. It's like a law of nature, that it just HAS to be answered when it rings. :screwy:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was already at the point where I didn't answer if I didn't recognize the number. I have a blocker and I don't care who it is if you call from a toll free number it is automatically set to just kill it. Get a lot of calls from a 303 area code that are blocked among others. I will pay more attention to a text message than I will a phone call most of the time. My tablet gets text messages as well so honestly it is all I really need most of the time. Sadly the person who had the number before me had a bunch of junk. Funny enough they were trying to recover their gmail account the other day and I was getting messages from google with codes to recover it. I am guessing they found another way as after a couple tries they stopped coming in. But I use an app called signal so I can block the text as well from junk numbers. Most of the crud I get goes to a google voice number anyway. Sign up for something and they HAVE to have a phone number they get it... The funny thing is how I remember the number as part of it says "SexItUp" so when someone asks for me number at a store that is exactly how I give it to them.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a pickup in 1995 from a car dealership in Midwest City that has since closed. I used Sr after my name, the only time I have ever used Sr and they apparently sold my name and information and I receive mail all the time with Sr after my name. They make a profit selling the car and then without asking they sell my name and information to some entities who then has the ability to irritate me via USPS and landline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom