New Shield Plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang. What were you using? Something like this?
View attachment 197650
There are a few that I can still use, mostly M&P series, a few Rugers (MK I - IV, LCP, SP 101, and Single Action Revolvers). But anything that uses a bladed trigger or longer reach double action trigger like Sig, Beretta, and most revolver sizes aren't an option anymore unless I use it left handed.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother has a similar issue and over the years taught himself to use the middle finger. It took him a couple of years, but can now shoot with the same efficiency as he did before his incident. He shoots Glocks mostly.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother has a similar issue and over the years taught himself to use the middle finger. It took him a couple of years, but can now shoot with the same efficiency as he did before his incident. He shoots Glocks mostly.
Did that too. Just more comfortable and natural for me to try and find things that will still allow me to shoot normaly. Tried it once with my Red Hawk, and won't be doing that again! :doh: Slapped ok stubby so hard I thought I was going to do something very unmanly at the range. :cry11:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did that too. Just more comfortable and natural for me to try and find things that will still allow me to shoot normaly. Tried it once with my Red Hawk, and won't be doing that again! :doh: Slapped ok stubby so hard I thought I was going to do something very unmanly at the range. :cry11:
\

Is there a story you'd care to share on how you managed to shorten a digit? Did ya get it caught in the propeller of an aircraft carrier? A nuclear sub maybe? Or perhaps you were the point man on a top-secret ultra-clandestine Naval assassination team? I even thought maybe you were a key member of the Fast Action Response Team. I tried out for the Selection and Training Course for this top tier level organization, but ran outta gas 6 weeks into the program.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
\

Is there a story you'd care to share on how you managed to shorten a digit? Did ya get it caught in the propeller of an aircraft carrier? A nuclear sub maybe? Or perhaps you were the point man on a top-secret ultra-clandestine Naval assassination team? I even thought maybe you were a key member of the Fast Action Response Team. I tried out for the Selection and Training Course for this top tier level organization, but ran outta gas 6 weeks into the program.
:pms2:

Nah, nothing so glamorously Secret Squirrel, got into a fight with a table saw one night. It tried to take all of them, but eventually with some help from a very talented hand reconstruction surgeon and some blood sucking leaches I was able to keep all but the one half.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay Tony, don't keep us in suspense. . What is the scoop on this holster of which you speak? Who makes this? Pics are always welcome!
I’ve mentioned it before. It’s a company called On your six designs out of Texas. It’s kydex but is the best I’ve ever had. I know most kydex fits close but this one especially does and it isn’t too bulky. It also has thinner kydex so it’s not as stiff as others. I won’t ever use another brand. And they have a lifetime warranty. When it wears out you let them know and they will immediately send a new one.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone’s looking for a shield plus locally h&h has 4 left, they had 5 but I just put one in hold for pickup tomorrow. They have the safety models and the no safety models. I wasn’t convinced at first when I went in to look at it. Never liked m&p line. But after messing with the gun, it felt nice and the trigger is way better then my stock p365. Will probably hit the range Friday after picking it up tomorrow and see.