1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

New Sig Suppressors

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Dova80, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Dova80

Dova80 Marksman

I picked up my two cans the other day and took them out for a the pews.

Sig SRD22X
    Sig 762TI

The 22 LR bolt action with subsonics is WAY too fun! Its sounded just like a high powered air gun. By far the better purchase of the two. Super quiet, cheap to shoot, no recoil, and just felt like a toy. The can is easy to disassemble and can be cleaned quite easily. I plan on getting a cheap ultrasonic cleaner to throw the parts into.

The 300 BLK Sig Rattler I wouldn't want to shoot without ears in even with sub sonics. There is ALOT of slappin going on in that receiver and I got a little bit of ring in my ear after the first shot. The gun itself when someone else shoots is pretty impressively quiet. Not quite the 22 LR quiet but its alot of fun to shoot. No issues with feeding on the Sig.. the last round bolt hold worked the the majority of the time. Only 1 time did it not fully engage. Blowback from shooting was present, rounds in the mag showed gas being pushed down into the mag. I didn't feel it was excessive to the face, but its just me.

This was my first Silencer purchase. Overall, if you have thought about getting silencers before, just go buy them and wait. Overall it was around 9 months for me from purchase to pick up with a 3 person trust.

Ruger 22 LR Can.jpg Sig Rat Can.jpg

amcardon and k4ylr like this.
  2. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Fun stuff! 90% of what I shoot through my .22 suppressor is Standard Velocity 1050fps. Love it.

3. Dova80

Dova80 Marksman

I did shoot some standard velocity too! Still hearing safe but the crack was present. My friend who had never experienced suppressors was shocked at how quiet it was. We had a blast for sure!

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  4. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have the same 22 can and a SRD762QD that I'm a big fan of. I was at Fouled Bore and a guy was shooting a 338LM that was painful - I noticed he had a Sig mount on his rifle and I talked to him about it, he's waiting on his stamp for the suppressor. I let him use mine (I know, I know...) and I was shocked at the insane difference. I shoot it primarily with a 300WM which is tolerable without hearing pro, but it tamed down that 338LM incredibly well. Good cans!

Dova80 likes this.
  5. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I would have thought that the 300 with subsonics would be quiet enough to shoot without muffs. I've got a 300 Whisper that I built 20 years ago. It is set up for only subsonics. I use a AAC Cyclone .30 cal. on it. With the subsonics you only hear the buffer weight and spring go by when fired.

6. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    338 with a 762 can?

7. Dova80

Dova80 Marksman

It has to do with the action slapping around, not the actual firing of the round. When my buddy shot it, I was 2-3 feet away and was fine without ears. When you shoot it the BCG slamming back is where I found the discomfort. The Sig Rattler doesn't have a buffer weight. It has two springs on top of the BCG. I should have taken one top down but you see the spring on top. Apparently the Rattlers are very violent when they fire. Radian is was working on a charging handle for it but were having trouble with it breaking is what the CS Rep told me.

I am going to have to put it on one of my 300 Blkouts that I built and see how it does with the standard carbine buffer tube setup.

Sig BCG.jpg

8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Part of the reason your Rattler is loud, is because it's a piston gun vs. DI. If you shoot your can on a DI gun with an adjustable gas block it will be much quieter.

For the gas coming back to the shooter, a few rounds or slow fire won't be that bad, but rapid firing a mag will cause more blowback. You can do the "Charging Handle RTV Mod" to reduce it with the CH you currently have.

Oklahomabassin and Dova80 like this.
  9. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I came back to this thread to change that, I got to thinking and realized I must have been wrong with the caliber. I saw his Sig mount and mounted my suppressor, after his first shot I had an "oh crap" thought but everything went fine. Now I want to measure the bore of my can...

mic'd the can, opening is .375" and they wire edm the opening and baffles after welding so they should be the same diameter. Doesn't mean I'm right on caliber though

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  10. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm not really up on the Rattler. My gun is set up like I said for subsonics only. I 'm running a 9mm recoil spring and the buffer weight tube is empty of weights. I've been thinking of setting the bolt in my mill and trimming of some weight like the lightened ones they sell. Then again it runs fine like it is.