New Springfield Armory M1911.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the range early this morning with 100 rounds of factory loaded 230 gr. FMJ Remington and Federal ball ammo and was using the two magazines that came with the gun.

The gun is accurate but I had a half a dozen incidents of both failure to completely feed the next round and secondly the slide not closing totally on a chambered live round and I would have to bump the rear of the slide with the palm of my hand to close the action.

I called SA Customer Service at 9:15 a.m., they immediately emailed me a free Fedex shipping label and by 10:30 a.m. I had dropped the boxed gun and the two SA magazines off at Fedex......the fella I talked to said it would take 2-4 weeks for the gun to be returned and told me to ship the gun dirty if I hadn't already cleaned it (I hadn't) and I did.

My first impression of SA Customer Service is a positive one, I told him that I was not opposed to running a few more hundred rounds through the gun to see if things smoothed out but he said that the gun should work properly right out of the box.....now we'll just have to wait and see if it is repaired correctly and returned promptly.

why me.jpg

Last edited:

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sent back several firearms over the years. Always on their dime. Both used and new. Have had good luck regarding the results. They have refinished used guns and even replaced night sights for no charge when returned. I am down to a GI 1911, Loaded 1911 and a M1a. Guess I will always have a SA around.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to knock them, but i see on many boards about how great SA customer service is. about 1 in five posts concerning SA has folks returning stuff for out the box problems. ummmm, seems kinda high for new product, it's good they fix them on their dime but begs the question about quality in general. IMO

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to knock them, but i see on many boards about how great SA customer service is. about 1 in five posts concerning SA has folks returning stuff for out the box problems. ummmm, seems kinda high for new product, it's good they fix them on their dime but begs the question about quality in general. IMO
This honestly is one reason I shy away from certain brands. When you have so many people always talking about how great their service is it makes me think there could be too many people using said service. I had this same pistol probably 12-13 years ago. That is a long time ago but it ran flawless for the time I had it.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shipped the gun back to SA on June 7, they sent me a email saying that they received the gun on June 11 and this afternoon another email from them stating that it was shipped back to me today.

So far I'm pretty impressed with SA customer service and I'm looking forward to getting it back, hopefully the issues have been fixed and it'll now run like it's supposed to.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice to hear the turn around was quick. Got to remember that 1911 pistols are not a tinker toy but ideally “hand-fitted”. Majority of 1911 pistols get cranked out with minimal hand-fitting. Surprised the return rate is not higher than it is.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know H&H gets a bad rap on pricing and yes they for the most part deserve it but when FN first released their AR they charged less than anybody else by about $100. During the height of the insane AR pricing scare their Colt LE6920s were only about $75 more than they should have been and that's because they always were LOL. When I bought my FN the guy stayed on for 45 min + waiting on my NICS check. Larry I think his name was. So not really all bad.

Congrats on the 1911.

Atwood's is a great place to buy just about anything and the people there are normal too.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Fedex driver delivered the gun about two hours ago and according to the enclosed Work Order they polished the ramp, modified the slide stop pin (because I told them that it was a real bear trying to reinstall it and they must have agreed) and they refit the barrel and bushing.

Well darn it seems like it's always something !.......now it looks like I've got to force myself to go to the range tomorrow morning and run another 100 rounds through it. :)

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Fedex driver delivered the gun about two hours ago and according to the enclosed Work Order they polished the ramp, modified the slide stop pin (because I told them that it was a real bear trying to reinstall it and they must have agreed) and they refit the barrel and bushing.

Well darn it seems like it's always something !.......now it looks like I've got to force myself to go to the range tomorrow morning and run another 100 rounds through it. :)

Bring it by. I'll take it out and do the dirty work for you; don't forget to bring plenty of ammo, about 500 rounds oughta be enough for me to make sure it's gonna run well for you. You're welcome.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring it by. I'll take it out and do the dirty work for you; don't forget to bring plenty of ammo, about 500 rounds oughta be enough for me to make sure it's gonna run well for you. You're welcome.

nice quick reply,

I'm a NERD!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom