New Springfield Hellion bullpup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redefining our perceptions of semi-automatic 5.56 performance, the new Hellion from Springfield Armory represents a radically unique and innovative approach to firearms design. Featuring a “bullpup” configuration where the action is located behind the trigger, the Hellion features an overall length of just 28.25-inches while still possessing a 16” barrel. The Hellion sports ambidextrous controls that work in concert with a reversible case ejection system, allowing it to be easily fired from either shoulder. The result? A 5.56 that combines portability with performance.

We have a few in store at H&H Shooting Sports and for sale on launch day at $1899.98 and more on order.

FULLY AMBIDEXTROUS
The Hellion features a reversible ejection system for fired cases that requires no additional parts or tools. Complementing this system is a set of fully ambidextrous controls, including the safety, charging handle, magazine, and bolt releases. The result is an ultra-compact 5.56mm that can be easily fired from either shoulder.

BULLPUP DESIGN
Unlike a traditional long gun, the bullpup system moves the action and the magazine back behind the trigger into the normally unused buttstock area. By doing this, it reduces the overall length drastically, while still allowing you to have a barrel long enough to retain effective downrange performance.

PICATINNY TOP RAIL
An uninterrupted strip of Picatinny rail runs along the top of the Hellion, ensuring you can mount the optics of your choice to wring out the most performance from the 5.56mm bullpup.

HAMMER FORGED BARREL
The Hellion bullpup houses a hammer forged 16″ barrel chambered in 5.56, giving the rifle a high performance precision barrel for maximum accuracy. With a 1:7″ rate of twist and a rugged Melonite® coating, the Hellion delivers impressive ballistics and amazing downrange performance for its compact size.

Screenshot_20220114-103745.png
Screenshot_20220114-103756_1.png
Screenshot_20220114-103825.png

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive always been curious to shoot one being a lefty. Id imagine all the ambi controls in the world won't offset hot brass ejecting right in front of your nose.

Edit:: Just saw the mention of a reversible ejection system. That is kind of neat, but I'm not sure it is $2k neat.
From a fellow lefty, If you see brass flying when you’re shooting you need to focus harder.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have said, bullpups are definitely an acquired taste. I’ve had several in various calibers including a Tavor, but I just could not come to like them enough to keep any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom