New State Logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh? I see. So this logo will be put on everything Oklahoma so if this thing with a logo wonders off it can be identified so the owner can be contacted? Cmon Clay, you could’ve brought a better argument than that. Lol

Oh I should also mention that brands also detract from value in cattle. Brands ain’t so they bring more money.
Your brand is the logo for the ranch. Every rancher around knows that logo, it sells cows if they like the logo and its who the ranch is, It's the Ranches identity.
Doesnt have **** to do with things getting lost. It has everything to do when someone sees it and maybe decides to drop some money here traveling through. OK is largely a flyover state and the more dollars we have from out of state, the better we are and less we have to depend on oil. Tourism is a huge business.
Surely Im not saying anything you didnt already know but were afraid to concede the argument that maybe I have a point you cant dispute? Maybe not at all.
I win the bet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your brand is the logo for the ranch. Every rancher around knows that logo, it sells cows if they like the logo and its who the ranch is, It's the Ranches identity.
Doesnt have **** to do with things getting lost. It has everything to do when someone sees it and maybe decides to drop some money here traveling through. OK is largely a flyover state and the more dollars we have from out of state, the better we are and less we have to depend on oil. Tourism is a huge business.
Surely Im not saying anything you didnt already know but were afraid to concede the argument that maybe I have a point you cant dispute? Maybe not at all.
I win the bet.

Sorry, Clay, but cattle brands and state logos are two totally different things and are used differently. Also, when someone is in a cattle auction, the last thing they are looking at is the brand on the critter. They are looking at the condition of the critter and deciding on whether the price being called out is worth it. Plus, cattlemen seldom EVER change their brand like the state changes it's.

And YES, the cattle brand is very much all about identifying the owner of the critters, should they get lost. Trust me, it simplifies things a heck of a lot if one's farm/ranch experiences a blizzard and the cow critters all scatter with the wind.

Maybe you should stick to potholes and road signs.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I win the bet.
You absolutely know nothing about the cattle industry obviously.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Clay, but cattle brands and state logos are two totally different things and are used differently. Also, when someone is in a cattle auction, the last thing they are looking at is the brand on the critter. They are looking at the condition of the critter and deciding on whether the price being called out is worth it. Plus, cattlemen seldom EVER change their brand like the state changes it's.

And YES, the cattle brand is very much all about identifying the owner of the critters, should they get lost. Trust me, it simplifies things a heck of a lot if one's farm/ranch experiences a blizzard and the cow critters all scatter with the wind.

Maybe you should stick to potholes and road signs.
you dont get it either. Has nothing to do with cattle. The ranch logo and the state logo do indeed serve a similar purpose though. LOL, you said it yourself here, ya just dont know what your saying.
Now, I'm done here. carry on.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you dont get it either. Has nothing to do with cattle. The ranch logo and the state logo do indeed serve a similar purpose though. LOL, you said it yourself here, ya just dont know what your saying.
Now, I'm done here. carry on.

One more time...

...a cattle brand shows ranch ownership.

A state's logo is for marketing, not ownership. (Well, maybe you have something there. Do you have any "state" tattoos that you haven't told us about?)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more time...

...a cattle brand shows ranch ownership.

A state's logo is for marketing, not ownership. (Well, maybe you have something there. Do you have any "state" tattoos that you haven't told us about?)
Terry, dude, a steer is a product the ranch is trying to market - weather you know this or not, a ranch has a reputation for either raising quality products or not. A brand or logo thats been around for several generations is known across the country and it carries the company identity and reputation it has earned. So yes, thats marketing. It shows ownership of THE COMPANY. And many ranches are owned by company men. But semantics aside. ...
Take the Nike swoosh, pretty sure Nike doesnt own the shoe once you have bought it but anyone who sees it knows what it is. Its all about company recognition, in the states case, the state is selling tourism as the "product", not at all unlike Nike shoes or Triangle Ranch cattle. Maybe I shouldnt have used cattle for a comparison but I see the comparison plain as day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom