New State Logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that would’ve been way better and it didn’t cost $250k! A sharp okie is all it took. Imagine that.
steviewonder.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read your post to Terry. You are still wrong. You are basing your argument on what you saw in movies. The same movies where some kid wins the county rodeo to save the family farm. I’m done trying talking to ya Clay. You can spend your ignorance which is closing in on stupidity on someone else.
Nice!!
Bravo!!
GD you never fail to impress with your cunning Whit.
Good evening man.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been paying Maps taxes since the 90's!! Besides Oklahoma is already great!! :cool: I have been other places through the military and my construction carrier and while I love visiting the Maine , New Hampshire areas I feel at home here. Great weather( cept them naders) great outdoors and the vast majority of the folks are friendly , even them Orange wearing rascals are alright!! I think we as a whole have it pretty good here!!
Touche!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original purpose of a brand or an ear mark was to identify a cow as the property of a particular owner, so everybody's right about that. It identified the critter on "the commons", in Europe in the old days, or in open range or poorly fenced country in America. It allowed a man to claim his property when it wandered off. Didn't have a damned thing to do with marketing.
It may serve a secondary purpose these days as an advertising tool, but you can't always believe what you read on a poster down at Slim's Genuine Texas Bar Be Que.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original purpose of a brand or an ear mark was to identify a cow as the property of a particular owner, so everybody's right about that. It identified the critter on "the commons", in Europe in the old days, or in open range or poorly fenced country in America. It allowed a man to claim his property when it wandered off. Didn't have a damned thing to do with marketing.
It may serve a secondary purpose these days as an advertising tool, but you can't always believe what you read on a poster down at Slim's Genuine Texas Bar Be Que.

Very true. And to reach back to Clay's comments, the number of BIG ranches with a well know brand is very small. And, I still say that when the cattle go to auction, most buyers don't even look at a brand. In a sense, the cow critter sells itself. And, most cattle ranches (and farmers with a few cows) are generally very small, so their "name" will not be known.

Shoot, I've even had a cattle brand in the past.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in the South and came to Oklahoma after 4 years Military Service. I live in Oklahoma by choice and overall its a great place. Other than Tornadoes and Allergies Oklahoma has been great to me.I have lived here longer than anywhere else by choice.
I'm still not bashful about pointing some of the actual or perceived deficiencies that I see. One of my experiences is that some of the folks born here take things too personal when pointing out actual issues that need changing.
I would do the same no matter what State I lived in including the State that I grew up in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom