New State Logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you've ever heard or said the phrase 'Don't mess with Texas' then you've likely proven that state-level marketing works.
what about “don’t lay that trash in Oklahoma?”
You are correct and one of my supervisors years ago told me that "If you don't toot your own horn no one else will do it for you".
I'm glad to see Matt Pinnell taking action to help promote our State.
I've never seen a "California Sucks!" ad but yet most everyone knows it does.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stopmoving.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in the South and came to Oklahoma after 4 years Military Service. I live in Oklahoma by choice and overall its a great place. Other than Tornadoes and Allergies Oklahoma has been great to me.I have lived here longer than anywhere else by choice.
I'm still not bashful about pointing some of the actual or perceived deficiencies that I see. One of my experiences is that some of the folks born here take things too personal when pointing out actual issues that need changing.
I would do the same no matter what State I lived in including the State that I grew up in.

I have zero issues doing my part to better Oklahoma and have voted for all Maps except the last one which had some line items in there that we already have here and I felt the money should have went to the organizations already in place instead of adding new bureaucracy.
Back on the tags subject ,tags were changed in '94.'08, and '16. Now they are doing it again, at this point it seems like a money grab and not a branding deal. That new design makes zero sense and I see nothing about it that brings to mind anything about Oklahoma. I feel maybe they should have had a statewide contest and then had a vote by the people as to what our brand should be. If you expect me to buy it at least ask if I want it...... I mean damn, you represent us so try asking before you spend OUR tax dollars!! But YOMV

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have zero issues doing my part to better Oklahoma and have voted for all Maps except the last one which had some line items in there that we already have here and I felt the money should have went to the organizations already in place instead of adding new bureaucracy.
Back on the tags subject ,tags were changed in '94.'08, and '16. Now they are doing it again, at this point it seems like a money grab and not a branding deal. That new design makes zero sense and I see nothing about it that brings to mind anything about Oklahoma. I feel maybe they should have had a statewide contest and then had a vote by the people as to what our brand should be. If you expect me to buy it at least ask if I want it...... I mean damn, you represent us so try asking before you spend OUR tax dollars!! But YOMV
So do we know for sure that the new tags will have this logo?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So do we know for sure that the new tags will have this logo?
It does not say that but it would only make sense , If you are in the state is the only time you see a State flag, so putting a new logo and brand on the plates is the only thing that would get a lot of out of state looks!!
Of coarse I could just be following my own thought lines and they have something else in mind, but the last time they went through the Brand change it went on the tags.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is reason for us to like it. It is primarily used in attracting outside business and tourism to the state.
How is this stupid sign supposed to help bring in people to our state? The logo is ridiculous. As others have said, it’s looks like an lgtb sign. And what they claim it represents is ridiculous too. If someone is gonna come to our state it isn’t because of some stupid logo and phrase. This may actually make people not want to come. They might think it’s related to the lgtb crap. They could have paid me $10 and I could come up with something worlds better.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish Oklahoma would do something like New Mexico. That is come up with a design significant and simple to the state and display that on the tags. Plus, they need to quit changing the dumb tags every few years of so.

New Mexico's stylized sun:

us-nm.gif

Oklahoma's original state flag had a star with the number 46 within it.

Flag_Map_of_Oklahoma_%281911_-_1925%29.png

Now, if they had something like the design above, lots of people around the whole country would know from which state that tag came.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is this stupid sign supposed to help bring in people to our state? The logo is ridiculous. As others have said, it’s looks like an lgtb sign. And what they claim it represents is ridiculous too. If someone is gonna come to our state it isn’t because of some stupid logo and phrase. This may actually make people not want to come. They might think it’s related to the lgtb crap. They could have paid me $10 and I could come up with something worlds better.

Actually, every state has marketing programs. And they must change them from time to time as they become stale. The primary purpose of these programs is to attract, industry, retail, etc., and some tourism.

There are many good reasons why they did not ask us for our suggestions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom