New Streaming Option For Cordcutters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for reference I have the 1.5 mbps package with Atlas and it's plenty fast enough for Netflix and Amazon movies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jumped from Sony Vue to Directv Now. Will I keep it? Dunno but the initial offer was too good to pass on. $35 a month for 100 channels and I got an Apple TV 4 completely free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jumped from Sony Vue to Directv Now. Will I keep it? Dunno but the initial offer was too good to pass on. $35 a month for 100 channels and I got an Apple TV 4 completely free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't Directv Now require an existing internet service?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't Directv Now require an existing internet service?

Uh yes, it's a streaming service, that's how it works. It's new and they've had some killer promotionals running. The caveat is you can only have two streams running at once but beyond that it's pretty good. You can get bigger packages and add HBO and some stuff, plus they are working on a "DVR" function. They do need to put some more features in their app like channel recall, but it works decently. You can watch it on your phone, computer, tablet, firestick, AppleTV, pretty much whatever you can connect to your wifi which beats Sony Vue, I can't watch that on my computer which is just dumb, but Sony is working on fixing that.

This Directv service is a new deal for them so it'll take some time to roll some of this stuff out. We cord cutters are starting to get some viable options and it's good to see, they just need to leave the pricing about where they have it which remains to be seen. Cable needs to get with the program or they'll go the way of paper publications. KODI is good and all but not the most reliable and the legalities will likely change pretty soon since so many are going to it.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched to Playstation Vue and so far I really like it.
The built in DVR functionality is slightly buggy but otherwise quite useful.

In my case I am streaming PS Vue from a Roku box but on the PS4 they added the option to stream 3 different channels at once PIP style.

dims

Perfect for March madness.

I wonder how much streaming bandwidth that eats up?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched to Playstation Vue and so far I really like it.
The built in DVR functionality is slightly buggy but otherwise quite useful.

In my case I am streaming PS Vue from a Roku box but on the PS4 they added the option to stream 3 different channels at once PIP style.

dims

Perfect for March madness.

I wonder how much streaming bandwidth that eats up?

My data usage tripled when I went to Vue. I wasn't doing PIP. I burn through 350 gig in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom