New subject matter!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between "help meet" and "help mate" is subtle... For purposes of the joke, you could use either. I did accurately quote "help meet" from the KJV (jus' sayin'). It works a little better for the joke, BECAUSE it is a less familiar phrase (as demonstrated here), so Adam has to ask God what a "help meet" is, which gives God the opportunity to describe this perfect creature he has in mind. And that's really the setup for the joke.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The difference between "help meet" and "help mate" is subtle... For purposes of the joke, you could use either. I did accurately quote "help meet" from the KJV (jus' sayin'). It works a little better for the joke, BECAUSE it is a less familiar phrase (as demonstrated here), so Adam has to ask God what a "help meet" is, which gives God the opportunity to describe this perfect creature he has in mind. And that's really the setup for the joke.

I still don’t think they spoke English though.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our youngest son had health problems, starting with some broken ribs caused by coughing. (Severe allergies at times.) When treating him, they found other problems within his chest, so they called in a thoracic surgeon. In fixing the chest problems, the surgeon unknowingly broke a rib in our son's back.

After a year and a half and trying to get the doctor to really give him an examination, the surgeon finally did so and discovered that back rib broken that wouldn't heal because the parts were too far apart. He suggested a further surgery, but informed our son that he wouldn't do that surgery.

Son found another surgeon that "plated" together the two parts of the rib. Maybe you might see if you can find a surgeon that could do a similar procedure?

Latest posts

Top Bottom