New to forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA...don't know much about the Sigma .40; you might try a search to see what you find out from folks. Google has lots of reviews I'm sure.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!
I used to own a .40 Sigma. It never could go through a whole magazine without jamming at least once. Save your money for something else. A used (police trade in) Glock Model 22 can be had for not much more money and will work much better.
Drive up to the 2A range in Tulsa and rent a few different ones before buying, in the long run you'll come out ahead.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Sigmas for loaners and trainers, and in stock form they are rugged reliable and simple---with a long heavy trigger pull. Unfortunately, attempts to "improve" the trigger pull or anything else often result in losing the reliability.

For example, I had a .40 Sigma for a decade, and never had any problems with it. I loaned it to a shooter for an IDPA match after his Brand X .40 broke the slide. He insisted on buying the whole rig: gun, fobus holster, fobus mag holders, extra mags, all he needed to shoot IDPA/SSP or USPSA/Production. After shooting several matches in which the gun ran flawlessly on the Federal 180gr ammunition I told him it liked, he started to experiment. Long story short, he "improved" it until it became unreliable.

If you buy used, you risk buying a "bubba gunsmithed Sigma," an unreliable one that is more trouble than it is worth, no matter how cheap. Sigmas are out of production.
If you buy new, look at the S&W SD, which is the revised Sigma, better trigger, but still cheap, like when Academy puts them on sale around $300.
I prefer the S&W M&P Pro for my use, but it costs twice as much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom