New to Me Muzzleloader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 239513
This is a Thompson Center Arms Scout 50 cal(just a pic i picked up off the net since i cant find the pic i took of mine) i picked up some years back, it was something unusual and i liked the way it felt. It shoots rounds balls very accurate need to try some sabots in it, it dont like the conicals that i cast thou have to clean after every shot to get the conicals to load but they are accurate when loaded.
wow never seen one like that. awesome rifle. I always had great accuracy with TC Maxi Ball and 90 grain pyrodex

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking they had a 45 cal black powder barrel at one time
Won a Youth model Rossi combo gun at a Quail Unlimited Banquet years ago.
Single shot receiver with a .22 RF, .410 shotgun and a .45 caliber muzzleloader barrel.
Only the .22 RF barrel has been used. My buddy has a 9 year old that we thought about getting started for muzzleloader with that .45 but thought it might kick too much as it's so light. He has already taken two deer with a .300 Blackout so is not new to hunting.

Last edited:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking they had a 45 cal black powder barrel at one time
Yea..... I think the 45 cal muzzle stuffer was g2 contender only!

I think I would have rather of had a 209x45 cal (only if it was .458) on the encore rather than the 209x50.

But I am talking 30 cal or maybe even smaller for the original contender!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom