New to OK and loving it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witsendidk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. Make yourself known and participate in the discussions. You’ll find it much easier in the classified section once you earn some “forum cred” and the way to do that is through contributing in the sections you’re interested in. We are by and page a well knit little community here. We help each other out, get together to go shooting and someone’s always up to go eat!

Tell us a bit about your interests, what aspect of firearms strikes your fancy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will definitely get participating then. Does OK Shooters have a feedback system? Or is it just the forum cred? Just curious. And I'm glad to hear you guys are a community that goes out and gets together for meet ups, I never got to do that over at NWFA but always wanted to participate.

Well, as far as interests go, I'm a craftsman and woodworker (with big shop goals for this new house). I am currently a drafter / 3d modeller by trade so I enjoy designing/ planning out projects. 3d printing (slowly getting into 3d printed gun stuff). Gaming, cooking & food (loving the food here!!) Other interests include camping, hmmm....Sasquatch and the paranormal... (to each their own :naughty:) Haha

As far as firearms are concerned I'm actually (relatively) new to guns. I didn't grow up in a gun friendly household, and only got my first handgun back in 2017 at age 27. My views changed rapidly from not really having much of an opinion either way about guns and gun rights to being a strong pro-2A advocate, after a tragic event happened in Portland wherein a crazed individual on the public transit train stabbed 3 people, killing 2. For nothing. I had a major realization that I could not in good conscience be just another helpless onlooker unable to act if such a scenario were to take place in front of me. After that, I did a TON of research I went out and bought my first handgun and took a concealed carry class and got my license and started to learn to shoot and handle guns. (So proud that OK is constitutional carry!!) Proud to say I brought my brother and a few lefty friends in to the world of guns, took them/taught them to shoot and appreciate their 2nd amendment rights. A couple of them bought their own handguns after that!

But anyways, on a lighter note it was all downhill from there LOL. My arsenal is not nearly as big as I'd like, but since then I have 2 Glocks, a 10/22 which I've customized, and then I built myself an AR-15. I have a few lowers for other builds I plan to do in the near future.

But other than that, I just love guns, love shooting, love freedom, the constitution and the second amendment. I really want to get into hunting and long range shooting, as well as some competition shooting too at some point. Got a lot to learn!!

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Like the write up! We do have a feedback system much like eBay and gunbroker. Deal with established members or guys with positive feedback and you’ll be golden. We try hard to not be an armslist or other forum without repercussions for not keeping your end of the deal.
Again, welcome and enjoy.

witsendidk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the write up! We do have a feedback system much like eBay and gunbroker. Deal with established members or guys with positive feedback and you’ll be golden. We try hard to not be an armslist or other forum without repercussions for not keeping your end of the deal.
Again, welcome and enjoy.

Cool, thank you, that's good to hear that there's a feedback system and that it's not like Armslist. I've heard some horror stories about that site!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOWDY.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom