New to Oklahoma. Public land whitetail. Need advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be the area you're talking about. A friend of mine hunts the Blue River public land quite a bit and he checked this place out last week.
He said it looked really good and sent me some pictures of nice looking spots.
He did shoot a pig while he was there tho.

IMG_1396.jpg

Newtont86

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makeithappen and SnowCamo:

Much thanks for the advice. I'm actually posted about 30 yards from a creek. It's a great pinch point and I'd be surprised if I never see any deer there. I do like the look of the Arbuckle Springs WMA. It's a little drive but may be worth it. The website doesn't mention anything about hogs, though I'm sure they're there.

I'm not going back out until Saturday morning. But, it'll be 29 degrees at sunrise and may be the first frost we have this year. Barometric pressure will be high and a perfect wind direction for me. I feel like it will be a great sit. Wish me luck. I'll post if I put anything on the ground.

Thanks again fellas and stay safe out there.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makeithappen and SnowCamo:

Much thanks for the advice. I'm actually posted about 30 yards from a creek. It's a great pinch point and I'd be surprised if I never see any deer there. I do like the look of the Arbuckle Springs WMA. It's a little drive but may be worth it. The website doesn't mention anything about hogs, though I'm sure they're there.

I'm not going back out until Saturday morning. But, it'll be 29 degrees at sunrise and may be the first frost we have this year. Barometric pressure will be high and a perfect wind direction for me. I feel like it will be a great sit. Wish me luck. I'll post if I put anything on the ground.

Thanks again fellas and stay safe out there.

Sounds like you found a great spot and the weather looks promising. Good luck!

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had good luck at ft supply wma and fern Cooper, but neither is close to Ardmore. But it's honestly worth the drive, never real crowded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Newtont86

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it was a great day. I put an arrow in the head of a hog that probably weighed 150lbs. I never recovered though. I'm not sure why I hit it in the head. Caught in the moment and made a bad shot.

I passed on a buck an hour later. I drew on it the same place I shot the hog. He only had half a rack lol. He seemed interested in something south of me so I waited to see if anything was coming out.

I took my two oldest boys this evening and had two does come to within ten feet of us. I couldn't draw until they were behind a tree right next to us. Unfortunately, that was downwind so they bolted before I could get a shot off. My boys loved it. My oldest was shaking uncontrollably and he is still talking about it.

Great day to be in the woods. Rut should be coming in soon. Gonna get very exciting.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 144

Latest posts

Top Bottom