New trend; prosecutors try to use your training against you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gist is they try to say that if you have training you're a cop wannabe, a gun nut just looking for a chance to show what a badazz you are.
This could be used against any kind of defense training; martial arts, etc.
More wokeness.
The video image says "stop training"; they don't recommend that, they say just be quiet about it.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As crazy as this sounds it was the only reason my father would not get his concealed carry permit. He figured with his military background and attending a class to get his license he was more likely to be prosecuted if he shot an intruder/bad guy based on the training and certification he would have had if he was licensed to carry.

He took the class but didn’t return for whatever resulted in him getting the permit out of curiosity and believed until the day he passed away that he stood a better chance if he simply declared he was scared and reacted out of fear without having to explain his permit and career.

He convinced me, I don’t know for certain that a lawyer wouldn’t take that avenue but I won’t find out, I’m scared of them at times maybe a little bit more than a meth addict in okc.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good number of years ago, my parents lived in upstate New York. Their next door neighbor was a retired NYPD detective. He was concerned about this very thing even then. He carried a J-frame, with the first two rounds being blanks. We went to a range with him, and if they didn’t turn and run from the blanks, I think he could have taken on a dozen with the three live rounds. Probably the best shooter I’ve ever been around.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As crazy as this sounds it was the only reason my father would not get his concealed carry permit. He figured with his military background and attending a class to get his license he was more likely to be prosecuted if he shot an intruder/bad guy based on the training and certification he would have had if he was licensed to carry.

He took the class but didn’t return for whatever resulted in him getting the permit out of curiosity and believed until the day he passed away that he stood a better chance if he simply declared he was scared and reacted out of fear without having to explain his permit and career.

He convinced me, I don’t know for certain that a lawyer wouldn’t take that avenue but I won’t find out, I’m scared of them at times maybe a little bit more than a meth addict in okc.
Dave, when I qualified for my ribbons, the retired gunner’s mate that led the class told us to double tap center of mass. When the threat was down, empty the gun, into the floor, the ceiling, the wall…..that way it looked like you panicked and got lucky😛

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, when I qualified for my ribbons, the retired gunner’s mate that led the class told us to double tap center of mass. When the threat was down, empty the gun, into the floor, the ceiling, the wall…..that way it looked like you panicked and got lucky😛
My dad always reminded me to not shoot anyone, but if I did find myself in that situation to make sure there was only one side of the story that could be told to the police.

When we moved here from Hawaii, we no longer had a range officer attached to the squadron and we all went to the range on base at Tinker but they would not qualify us for the ribbon/medals so Skipper Keilty authorized us to qualify at H&H with an instructor that was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with and the range officer in Hawaii was one of my roommates, lol. His advice and instruction was night and day from what the Navy offered us back then. I snuck into one of the 9mm courses on Tinker way back when and that was good stuff as well. We sure had fun and it was way better than work, lol.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup……the GMCM was also a free lance ballistician (?) for the OSBI. We qualified at H&H also, the squadron was too cheap to pay for it. I used my Ruger P90 DC .45acp to qualify expert.…..
I remember “failing” on the annual rifle quals so I could go for remedial range time😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom