New Truck Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at my new toy, a Dan Wesson 357 Mag. Its not in great cosmetic condition, but works perfectly. Best part is, I do not have to worry about hurting its appearance, just shoot and have fun. Lots of fun that cost me $200. I need to get a front sight for it and a barrel tool.
Resized952018020495072206_LI.jpg
Resized952018020495072222.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it! If the insert is the only thing wrong with the front sight, you may be able to get away without replacing it. I have carved them out of plastic before, and made others from pouring in colored resin.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it! If the insert is the only thing wrong with the front sight, you may be able to get away without replacing it. I have carved them out of plastic before, and made others from pouring in colored resin.
I had considered just using some white plastic. I was looking on ebay, I can get an assortment of front sights for around $20. I ordered an EWK barrel wrench and gauge set.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had considered just using some white plastic. I was looking on ebay, I can get an assortment of front sights for around $20. I ordered an EWK barrel wrench and gauge set.

Good deal! $20 for an assortment is probably the route that I would have taken as well. I think that will make a perfect truck gun.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hell, now I have been looking around the house for some two part epoxy to fill in the sight with.

Pick it up at Walmart and grab a can of Krylon while you’re there. That thing is screaming “paint me, paint me!” in guntalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have JB quick and JB weld on hand.
E 6000 is another great epoxy but takes 72 hours to fully cure.. not good for forming things. but great for sticking things back together.

200 bucks for a gun is more my speed I like it as is.
and would probably shoot it and see what it was capable of with some cast loads.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I always have JB quick and JB weld on hand.
E 6000 is another great epoxy but takes 72 hours to fully cure.. not good for forming things. but great for sticking things back together.

200 bucks for a gun is more my speed I like it as is.
and would probably shoot it and see what it was capable of with some cast loads.
I have been reading up on casting bullets.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pick it up at Walmart and grab a can of Krylon while you’re there. That thing is screaming “paint me, paint me!” in guntalk./QUOTE]

Heck no.... then you have to worry about scratching it again. Beater guns are awesome. If you keep an eye on ebay; sometimes DW barrels pop up pretty cheap.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck no.... then you have to worry about scratching it again. Beater guns are awesome. If you keep an eye on ebay; sometimes DW barrels pop up pretty cheap.
I have been looking on ebay for a barrel/shroud for the DW. I need to do a little research to see what a fair price would be. The barrel on it now is a vented barrel, which I like. I really like the EWK barrels, which have a reasonable price. I would have the thing cerakoted, but the frame is actually in pretty nice shape. The barrel shroud is pitted, but if the shroud was replace the DW would go up in value. I am afraid that if I have the DW cerakoted the price might drop.