New truck needs some TLC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
started to clean my new purchase yesterday. Got the bugs off and the caked on dirt off the roof. Started to clean the rims and found what was causing the slow leak in the front left tire. Looked like a 2" section of barbed wire. two twisted wires that had punctured the tire in two places.

I plugged one of the holes and didn't want to punch a second plug so close to the first. So it was off to Hibdons to get patched.

Now I am ready to get going on cleaning up the rims. I think I need to go get some more wheel polish. Its been awhile since I had to really work on some rims. Mothers power ball is going to get worked out today.

I can get out and do this as soon as this dang sinus headache will leave me alone.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 hours polishing wheels and I'm still not done. Two more to go. And a revisit to the first two to hit the detail areas. Man I feel like I bought a Harley.

Some of the damage on these wheels cannot come off. Looks like damage from salt sitting on them and not getting cleaned off. Other spots are nothing more than hard water spots.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironically. Aside from the one I posted in a previous thread no. I never had a chance to get the camera out.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0034.jpg

Here are the wheels in question.
ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC_0031_2.jpg

I killed 2 18 volt batteries on one wheel. Might have to pull out the corded drill next time. The low area in the middle of each spoke is hard to get. The flats between the spoke are where the wheel has received major damage. Everything else you see is nothing but hard water spots. With some extensive polishing the water spots come off.

I'm going to order new center caps for all 4 corners. Missing one and the other three are either cracked or missing some finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom