New use for old product.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently had a TURP procedure and had to wear a catheter for 8 days. You may know that virtually all bodily fluids contain protein, and when they dry they become gluelike, which causes surgical tubing to stick to skin. Skin inside a place where you do not want sticking surgical tubing. So I was in considerable pain until I remembered a product made for an entirely different application. Yes, OraGel. Sure did help! I’m thinking about writing them a letter suggesting they should make a commercial promoting this new application, thus increasing their sales.

Seriously, if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, remember “OraGel is your friend.” :)

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, OraGel. Sure did help!
This is funny, because in my past career, if we didn't have Dibucaine or similar lidocaine analgesic balm we'd use Oragel. It was actually easier to get from medlog and was OTC everywhere. Vice versa too, just use a NEW Dibucaine tube for mouth problems.

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch! I can relate brother. From the time I was 10-20 I was catheterized probably 50+ times. Last time I allowed any doctor to fiddle around down there they used a “urethral sound” which is a stainless steel bar with a bent end and about the diameter of a Bic pen. From all the damage they had done catheterizing me so many times scar tissue had built up right where my urethra entered my bladder and I had to push to pee. After two attempts with stiffer catheters they wrapped one around that Sound and forced it into my bladder. About threw be off the table from the doc cramming it in there. After getting the “Roto-Rooter” surgery two weeks later to clear the pipes I too had a bag strapped to my thigh for 8-10 days. It really wasn’t all that bad until I had the bright idea to go on a date while still “healing”. Being a dumb horny young man we started getting frisky and all of a sudden the natural function of my “business” kicked in gear and let me tell you when your wiener starts to…..how do I put this???? When your manhood starts to perk up and you’re catheterized that’s a unique experience all unto itself. Definitely a mood killer. 😂😂

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch! I can relate brother. From the time I was 10-20 I was catheterized probably 50+ times. Last time I allowed any doctor to fiddle around down there they used a “urethral sound” which is a stainless steel bar with a bent end and about the diameter of a Bic pen. From all the damage they had done catheterizing me so many times scar tissue had built up right where my urethra entered my bladder and I had to push to pee. After two attempts with stiffer catheters they wrapped one around that Sound and forced it into my bladder. About threw be off the table from the doc cramming it in there. After getting the “Roto-Rooter” surgery two weeks later to clear the pipes I too had a bag strapped to my thigh for 8-10 days. It really wasn’t all that bad until I had the bright idea to go on a date while still “healing”. Being a dumb horny young man we started getting frisky and all of a sudden the natural function of my “business” kicked in gear and let me tell you when your wiener starts to…..how do I put this???? When your manhood starts to perk up and you’re catheterized that’s a unique experience all unto itself. Definitely a mood killer. 😂😂
This TMI, LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom