New vehicles are a joke in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The carmakers should at least offer us a broader color palate for those new $30-$60K pickup trucks they peddle. Come on Toyota, offer clear-coat fire-engine red instead of Barcelona Red Metallic. How about an occasional Canary Yellow or a Competition Orange Tacoma or Tundra truck in the mix too?

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unfortunately, vehicle prices are no longer a laughing matter. They must be pretty serious when they want you to pay $100k for a nice suburban.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vehicles used to be wore out at 100k miles. Now its nothing to get half a million miles on one. I know my 2003 F350 has close to 500k miles and is still going strong. That is the biggest difference combined with all the new electronics gizmos.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way to get back at these car companies that peddle this expensive new stuff in dull colors like black, white, gray and silver is to not buy them in the first place. Get your best deal on a used car or truck. I'm happy with my '95 Corolla DX in crappy dull metallic dark blue. Very reliable little scoot with cold a/c. Paid $2,300 to my landlord in 2013 with 89K original miles. Old widower who drove to church. Paid for a long time ago. Won't be buried in her.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vehicles used to be wore out at 100k miles. Now its nothing to get half a million miles on one. I know my 2003 F350 has close to 500k miles and is still going strong. That is the biggest difference combined with all the new electronics gizmos.
I'd rather have fire-engine red than an infotainment center on the dash. :angry3:

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a "new" vehicle? I've never had one of those.....

Oh wait, is that where you pay to much for something that is suddenly worth 1/2 of what you just paid the moment you take possession of it?
:scream:
That doesn't seem to be the case with Toyota trucks. Any used one under $10 grand will have probably been made before 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom