New vehicles are a joke in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And a tattletale chip that tells your dealer and your insurance how you abuse the vehicle.
Which is the latest Toyota truck year without the tattletale chip? I like my '95 Corolla's dumb-brainless keys. I can make copies at Ace hardware for under $2 a copy. No dealership $200 price tags, reprogramming fees or batteries needed to operate key.

I think cars should be like this old Honda commercial, we make it simple.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vehicles used to be wore out at 100k miles. Now its nothing to get half a million miles on one. I know my 2003 F350 has close to 500k miles and is still going strong. That is the biggest difference combined with all the new electronics gizmos.

The Exwife has a 98 Suburban with 450K miles on it. It got a new engine at 425K.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a "new" vehicle? I've never had one of those.....

Oh wait, is that where you pay to much for something that is suddenly worth 1/2 of what you just paid the moment you take possession of it?
:scream:
My brother bought a 2019 Sonata 2 years ago for $18,500.00 and i bought the same car at the same price 3 weeks later.He just sold his car to carmax for 1000 more than he paid for it.I am keeping mine.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother bought a 2019 Sonata 2 years ago for $18,500.00 and i bought the same car at the same price 3 weeks later.He just sold his car to carmax for 1000 more than he paid for it.I am keeping mine.
It's 2021 and crazy times. Hyundai now holds it value better than any other car brand and Kia is top 5.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/376039

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say I'm a bit weary of the prices they ask and you can have it in any color you want, so long as it's black, silver, gray or white. Oh and you can have any color interior, so long as it's black. :bah:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As they implement more and more technology into a vehicle, there becomes more and more things prone to fail!

I want simple and reliable, with the least maintenance and parts replacements over the life of the vehicle!

I dont fly fighter jets, and I do not want the cab of a pickup truck to resemble one.

No touch screens, no satellite or cellular link, no backup cameras, no def tanks, no diesel particulate filters, no independendent front suspensions, no coil springs on a 4x4's!!

It really would not hurt my feelings to give up the computer engine control either!

Black is just fine with me! Is there really any other color that looks as good as black? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom