New vehicles are a joke in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
White colored vehicles are also harder to see in the snow after a blizzard. That's why I seldom have ever had a white one.

I was observing as I drove to work in a downpour today. Under limited visibility, the white and silver vehicles were the hardest to see through the deluge.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove PoS's for a long, long time.

As long as it's working, I prefer the bells & whistles.
As I've gotten older and bought cars with more and more features, I've always bought them thinking I hope I don't still have it long enough for this stuff to start going to crap. I'm usually surprised that the gadgets keep working as long as they do. We tend to keep cars 10-15 years, and most of them have been 3-ish years old when we bought them.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I call the bells and whistles creature comforts and have learned there are a few I really like. This Caravan was the first of 4 with power doors and when I was looking I really didn't think I needed the doors to open an close by themselves now I wouldn't have one without it.

Drove a 2000 Silverado work truck for a long time crank up windows and manual door locks never again. My 2010 has power windows remote entry and remote start. No more trying to reach the passengers door to lock or unlock it and roll the window down for the dog.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
White is plain but it's the coolest color for hot days. Black will absorb sun heat like a sponge.
Your right......

But......

I bought 2 new trucks in my days.

Both of them had to be ordered.

Both of them had to be black! :)

The first one did not have air conditioning, but the second one did.

Restored a 1978 GMC Jimmy late 90's......

It was black too! 👍 :)

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll can have allllll the simple cars you want. When it's 105 out and I've got an air conditioner in the seat of my truck to keep my butt nice and cool I'm a happy camper. When it's below freezing and my butt is toasty warm, that's nice too. Hard to ever go downward from that.
There is a good chance those heated and cooled seats will not be trouble free in 20, 30, 40 years!

My f350 turned 20 this spring. I bought it new, and hope to have it when I croak!

I have a wooping 85,000 miles on it now, and at the rate I am going it will be 10 years till I hit 100,000.

It is not as simple as I'd like, but much simpler than the stuff of today! :)

If you are happy with what you have, that is all that matters!

I aint buying nuthin new!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a good chance those heated and cooled seats will not be trouble free in 20, 30, 40 years!

My f350 turned 20 this spring. I bought it new, and hope to have it when I croak!

I have a wooping 85,000 miles on it now, and at the rate I am going it will be 10 years till I hit 100,000.

It is not as simple as I'd like, but much simpler than the stuff of today! :)

If you are happy with what you have, that is all that matters!

I aint buying nuthin new!
Love my truck... 135k and no major issues except losing a water pump 60 miles for Albuquerque a few months back.

Was thinking of this thread earlier actually. Hit the remote start and my truck was nice and cool when I got in it this afternoon. Sweet!

Honestly I might upgrade it soon though. Kind of want the same thing with a Cummins. Crap market to be shopping in so I'm not in a rush. Would love to have the ram box too I suppose.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new '82 Toyota pickup for $11,000 and now they are running close to $40,000 loaded. And then they tack on $375.00 for "documentation fees." I do not like those fees, I told one dealer give the info it to me and I'll run the papers to the tag agency but they wouldn't let me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new '82 Toyota pickup for $11,000 and now they are running close to $40,000 loaded. And then they tack on $375.00 for "documentation fees." I do not like those fees, I told one dealer give the info it to me and I'll run the papers to the tag agency but they wouldn't let me.

If I ever buy at a dealer, I will make it clear up front in the negotiating process my offer is an "out the door" price. Anything they want to add on after we've agreed to terms will negate the deal. I'm not into that s***.

But then, this is why I don't go to dealers, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom