New vehicles are a joke in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever buy at a dealer, I will make it clear up front in the negotiating process my offer is an "out the door" price. Anything they want to add on after we've agreed to terms will negate the deal. I'm not into that s***.

But then, this is why I don't go to dealers, for the most part. That is the only way to negotiate with a dealer-out the door and no more! They can cahrge the $375 or whatever the doc fee is but they'll reduce that amount somewhere else or I won't buy. I never need a new car that bad.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
last car we bought was negotiated via email. Told them my out the door offer, they accepted. When we went to pick it up they started adding on doc fees, dealer something fee, etc.
I produced the email where they agreed to the OTD price and called them on it, that's the price we paid.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
last car we bought was negotiated via email. Told them my out the door offer, they accepted. When we went to pick it up they started adding on doc fees, dealer something fee, etc.
I produced the email where they agreed to the OTD price and called them on it, that's the price we paid.

Way to go. Like I said, we will do the same. We're going to be in the market next month, probably. Hopefully I can get a decent deal from a private seller.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I did when I bought my truck, stated OTD offer take it or I walk. They took me into an office and started with the BS, I said nope you have my deal, I was fully prepared to walk but they finally caved.

Kinda the same deal when I bought our Caravan, they had a blurb on the website about a no haggle price. I went in and said you telling me of I offer you x amount in cash you won't sell me that van? I was 3 grand under the asking price. Probably helped it was the end of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom