New Walther 22 magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
.22 wmr has a case length over 1''. that makes it longer than 9mm and .45acp by a significant margin.

a long case length makes for a long, tall grip. and a long action. stick a 4'' or 5'' inch barrel and you've got a FULL size pistol.

half the capacity of the pmr, twice the weight, basically the same size. seems the biggest thing going for it is the slide cut, there aren't many optic ready .22 wmr pistols on the market that come to mind. the pmr has an aftermarket attachment part, but i have no personal experience with it and i don't shoot pistol optics.

i like walthers and have a nice collection, so i'll probably get one at some point if they come around $400. but the pmr/pcr combo is the way to go imo.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 wmr has a case length over 1''. that makes it longer than 9mm and .45acp by a significant margin.

a long case length makes for a long, tall grip. and a long action. stick a 4'' or 5'' inch barrel and you've got a FULL size pistol.

half the capacity of the pmr, twice the weight, basically the same size. seems the biggest thing going for it is the slide cut, there aren't many optic ready .22 wmr pistols on the market that come to mind. the pmr has an aftermarket attachment part, but i have no personal experience with it and i don't shoot pistol optics.

i like walthers and have a nice collection, so i'll probably get one at some point if they come around $400. but the pmr/pcr combo is the way to go imo.
My biggest beef with the PMR is that it’s held together with half a box of cap screws. Just, ugh…

I do have a very nice PPQ Navy, so I could see getting one of these if the price was right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan of the high point look on this pistol. I'll stick with my PMR.
I do like it has the slide cut for a dot though.
Edit: the pistol isn't reliable with lighter bullets while wearing the dot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom