New washer, noisy as hell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you know our washer and dishwasher both died within days of each other. Luckily the dishwasher was still under warranty. Lowes refunded all of what we paid for it including tax. Also luckily we got a tax refund this year. Bought a new Maytag from Hahn's.

That Maytag is the nosiest washer I have ever heard. I was going to call Monday because it sounds like something is wrong, but I Googled it and that is the new normal for Maytag. Good warranty but man it is noisy.

Oh and then the garage door opener went out. Used more of the refund to get that replaced. Then they found a leak under the kitchen sink while hooking up the dishwasher. Looks to have been leaking for awhile. So Monday a plumber is coming to fix that. There goes more of the refund. :P

Some days you just can't win for losing. Thank God for a having the warranty and refund to fix these things.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s just not fair! You’re just too nice a guy to be having all this misfortune.
It is life and really I feel blessed in many ways. We had the money for these repairs, the folks here at OSA have helped us out a lot, my arm is starting to feel better, my container garden is looking good for what we planted. So all in all we are doing okay.

I need to get a window repaired and will work on that next week, I still need to get my back storm door repaired but the wind seems to be dropping enough to get to it, soon as I figure out how I need to remove the front hall tiles so we can put the simulated, almost wood down. I know I need to scrape them up but not sure the best way to do it. These are all small things but they are coming along.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We put in a new GE last year. It's super quiet. I'm not sure what model it is, you can't hardly hear it at all , I just told them I wanted the quietest one They had. Stainless on the inside.
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have one of those Maytags. Used to drive the wife crazy. After 5 years don't even notice it anymore.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life, house, automobile, kids

Its always something.

We bought a Whirlpool washer and dishwasher, Jan last year. They are so quiet, don't know they are running, standing in front of them. Wif is very happy.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a new fridge a couple years ago. I wanted a big fridge a found a GE. This thing barely fit though our front door. In fact I had to remove the door from the hinges to get it through, pia!
Anyway, that is the nosiest fridge I’ve heard. Something seems like it’s running 90% of the time, not the compressor running it’s fans inside circulating the air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom