New washer, noisy as hell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for Speed Queen commercial washers & dryers.

After owning Maytag, Whirlpool, Kenmore, etc. I bought a Speed Queen commercial washer and dryer pair from Harry’s.

Best money I’ve spent on something other than firearms and guitars.

Ask them and they’ll tell you why “commercial” is better! Quiet, well built, great warranty and support (which you’ll never need).

I also agree on the Bosch dishwashers. Super quiet and they get dishes clean, every time! Excellent appliance.

Buy the best one time and go back to collecting firearms and guitars is my motto!

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for speed queen. I have the TC5000 model, matching washer and dryer.

Real stainless steel inner and outer tubs, magnets will not stick them, actual transmission in the washer. Simple and they work.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Hahn Appliance last summer and they had a Speed Queen washer driveshaft on display. It looked like a billet input shaft on heavy duty pickup truck transmission.

Knock on wood. I have an Amana washer from the late 90s that’s holding up pretty well. I’ve had to replace a drive few belts and more recently a motor. Found a good deal on a new genuine motor on EBay, paid $120 shipped for it.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking to the appliance repair guy that was sent out to look at our old dishwasher. We asked him what brands to look at. He told us "Nothing that sounds like a TV brand." No GE, LGE, etc. Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen, even Roper and Estate are all okay.
We have had several different brand dishwashers, since we have lived here, some sound like a John Deere, while others sound like a McCormick hay baler, and all of them would drown out the TV. The last dish washer we bought we looked for the quietest rating, and bought a BOSCH, it cost a little more, but was well worth the price! You can hardly hear this thing running!

Latest posts

Top Bottom