New world record non typical.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer bought and placed in high fence areas to hunt/breed monster deer are all over the US. Its ruined a lot of hunting and created a type of hunting for some. Look for it to continue in the future. One thing is for sure some will escape and breed in wild herds and create bigger racks everywhere across the US.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer bought and placed in high fence areas to hunt/breed monster deer are all over the US. Its ruined a lot of hunting and created a type of hunting for some. Look for it to continue in the future. One thing is for sure some will escape and breed in wild herds and create bigger racks everywhere across the US.
I can detect by the tone of your post that we share the same opinion of high fence “hunting”. Though I don’t agree with “canned hunts”, I’m not going to shame anyone for killing deer that way as long as they don’t try to pass that animal off as something it’s not (a free range wild deer). I’m on a TX hunting board that has a lot people that shoot deer in high fences, and discussions on that board can get pretty tense over the subject. I don’t participate in many “discussions” there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ag.ok.gov/ais/cervidaefarmedactandrules.pdf Over 220 in Oklahoma and 1/3 are listed as hobby.
Per my thoughts of a farmed deer must be identified:
10. An initial inventory of the farmed cervidae, including their ages, breed and species, and a minimum of one form of official individual identification approved by the Department;

(b) a listing of any and all identification numbers assigned to the cervidae by the owner or operator and any other official entity using either any official identification approved by the Department or United States Department of Agriculture alphanumeric test tag number or official Canadian alphanumeric test tag number, if applicable,

3. To intentionally commingle or integrate any farmed cervidae with native cervidae;

I don't see a requirement of DNA for identification per sa, but the requirement to One form of official individual identification as identified by the Department brings to mind it has to be DNA. How else would one define an individual deer?
The Department doesn't show the method of identification in your link, only that it must be identified.
I guess one must dig deeper to find out the method of identification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom