Newb question about YHM 9mm Wraith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear ya. I wouldnt turn one down either. In fact, Im a little jealous you are getting into cans at the whopping cost of $200. :finger:

I honestly don't know where this sudden string of good luck came from. I was even able to work 30 hours overtime last week so now I'll have the extra $200 to pay the stamp without having to worry.

It's gonna be my first NFA item so I'm pretty damn excited about it.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know where this sudden string of good luck came from. I was even able to work 30 hours overtime last week so now I'll have the extra $200 to pay the stamp without having to worry.

It's gonna be my first NFA item so I'm pretty damn excited about it.

You'll love it. I still giggle like a little girl whenever I shoot mine back to back unsuppressed/suppressed. Dustin has had his for awhile and you should have seen him at the NFA day shooting his suppressed 9mm upper on a Full Auto Lower, his reaction was priceless. I giggled just watching him giggle.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You'll love it. I still giggle like a little girl whenever I shoot mine back to back unsuppressed/suppressed. Dustin has had his for awhile and you should have seen him at the NFA day shooting his suppressed 9mm upper on a Full Auto Lower, his reaction was priceless. I giggled just watching him giggle.

Yeah, I can't beleive I missed that!! I saw the pictures and videos. Looked like a real good time. I'm hoping they have it next year, if so I'm there with my supressed Beretta?? or Ar??

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't beleive I missed that!! I saw the pictures and videos. Looked like a real good time. I'm hoping they have it next year, if so I'm there with my supressed Beretta?? or Ar??

The videos are actually of me shooting his upper on a FA lower,... Im a little more stoic than he is, but you can still see a huge grin on my face at the end.

And yes! Look forward to seeing you there!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I started the paperwork on the wraith yesterday and will be sending it in with the tax stamp money on friday so the wait will begin.

While I'm waiting, I'm gonna find a 92fs so that when it gets in I can try it out and I'll let everyone know my experience with it from there.

Well I just got me a 92fs today so now I have a new question.

Is there enough space on the end of the barrel for threading or do I need to buy a threaded barrel for it?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just got me a 92fs today so now I have a new question.

Is there enough space on the end of the barrel for threading or do I need to buy a threaded barrel for it?

Yes, there is just barely enough room. Tornado Technologies will thread your barrel or sell you a barrel already threaded.

awww.tornado_technologies.com_images_threading_Beretta_92_barrels.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin (Mechanical Accuracy/Baldwin Sights) in Jones can do the threading with a quicker turn around and probably for cheaper than TT. The 92 thread pattern is different than the standard 1/2-28 thread pattern, but Steve has AACs plans which are pretty standard. I usually take him a copy of the page I want threaded. Steve threaded my Encore 30-06 and my Sako TRG-42 Lapua.

See Page 5.

http://www.silencertalk.com/AAC-thread-guide.pdf

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin (Mechanical Accuracy/Baldwin Sights) in Jones can do the threading with a quicker turn around and probably for cheaper than TT. The 92 thread pattern is different than the standard 1/2-28 thread pattern, but Steve has AACs plans which are pretty standard. I usually take him a copy of the page I want threaded. Steve threaded my Encore 30-06 and my Sako TRG-42 Lapua.

See Page 5.

http://www.silencertalk.com/AAC-thread-guide.pdf

I'd use Steve also.

If it were me, I'd have it threaded 1/2x36.
That's the std. for 9mm & what YHM uses.
Not sure what Berretta does at the factory, but this will keep you from having to use an adapter.
Have Steve make a thread protector for it while he's threading it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom